Ok guys i am looking for a overdrive pedal to boost my peavey xxx super 40 efx's gain even father, i want something to give me more of a slayer heavy type sound, i would like to have one of the boss overdrive pedals, any suggestions? Also i cant try tyhem out because there isnt a music store where i live.
try a turbo tubescreamer (TS9DX). They have four overdrive modes, some of which a pretty beefy (too much for me actually and the music I play but the opition is nice).

If you have money to burn there is also the Crowther Hotcakes, great little pedals handmade by a guy in his little garage in New Zealand.
Ibanez Talman (w/ P-90s) & Fender Jaguar (w/Phat Cats)>Tu-2>RAT2>GE7>Phase 90>Volume>RE-20 Space Echo>Behringer A/B box>Vox AC30 CCH>Marshall 1960 cab

http://profile.myspace.com/secondtempo
^ Go with what he said. Or if you have a good amount of money, and you really want a boss, look at the Robert-Keeley Boss SD-1 mods. I think it's around $140 for the pedal and the mods.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Wait. I'm not an expert on Peavy XXX's but I've been told they have disgusting amounts of gain, why do you want to boost that?
Perhaps he is a gain *****? It does have tons of gain, enough to do Slayer, but not a ridculous amount.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
I am thinking of getting the keeley ds-1 but i aint sure, i knows overdrives are can be used to boost tube amps, and distortion pedals on tube amps are garbage, but i dont know if the pedal will give me a heaveyer more gainyer sound or make the amp sound like a classic rock type sound, because in my mind i think overdrive pedals make a classic type sound gudgeing by there name, i would try it out but my music store is 500km away. Anyone?
Quote by mega_tallica
I am thinking of getting the keeley ds-1 but i aint sure, i knows overdrives are can be used to boost tube amps, and distortion pedals on tube amps are garbage, but i dont know if the pedal will give me a heaveyer more gainyer sound or make the amp sound like a classic rock type sound, because in my mind i think overdrive pedals make a classic type sound gudgeing by there name, i would try it out but my music store is 500km away. Anyone?

Nah, id say go for an OD isntead. Overdrive on a clean sound can probably get a nice classic rock sound. Id say look into Maxon OD-9.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I dont want a classic rock sound, please read the thread before posting, i want to boost my distortion on my amp.
Maybe you should get a distortion peddle instead?

I would but i want to boost my TUBE amps distortion, you dont use distortion pedals on tube amps.