hey guys, at the moment, my pick is kind of angled down towards the right so it sort of slices across the strings, and im not sure if it affects how your picking sounds and things like that.

any help with that? is there an accepted norm for the angle of your pick?

if im doing it wrong do you have any excersises to sort it out?

thanks!
umm if you do that it can sometimes make a pinched harmonic if it slices the strings, you might want to move the angel of your hand as well to straighten the pick out but if you dont get pinched harmonics the way you pick you dont need to worry
if it's comfortable for you then who cares if it's right or wrong
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
I use Fins, and I do that purposely with the ribbed edge, it produces a different tone. The is a rudimentarily "correct" way to attack the strings with a pick, learn to do it correctly, then vary your attack according to the effect you want
everyone has their own style, so yeah just carry on doing it that way. However, the use of the word 'slices' is slightly disturbing .... are you breaking a lot of strings picking like that?
Quote by tim_mop
hey guys, at the moment, my pick is kind of angled down towards the right so it sort of slices across the strings, and im not sure if it affects how your picking sounds and things like that.

Having the pick at an angle is very common and is actually a good way to shape
your tone by varying of the angle. You get a "rounder" tone with angle added.
Additionally reduces string resistance for picking faster.

However, it sounds like you have your pick angled "backwards". Normally it's
down on the left. I have to wonder about your grip. If you're not gripping the
pick on the side of your index finger it will tend to angle backwards. I know that,
because I used to grip it that way too. I corrected that and now angle it with
the left side down. I think it will hurt your speed keeping like you are, because
it eventually helped mine.
Quote by bouncingbassist
everyone has their own style, so yeah just carry on doing it that way. However, the use of the word 'slices' is slightly disturbing .... are you breaking a lot of strings picking like that?

actually i havent snapped one in ages!

to above... it feels normal to me, but i spose it would. my wrist and hand works in a kind of curve, nd iv never seen anyone else do it the way you described, thanks for your help though
I do that with my fingers, its alot easier to get to higher speeds, so theres nothing wrong with it, except with a pick it may make a scraping sound, Im not sure.
Dickless.