Alright I wangt an amp that plays good to any gnere because I play mostly every kind of rock...And I am looking at a Vox Valvetronix AD100 or a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 half stack...I kind of think the Marshall would do better...But I need some of yalls opinions...
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation
this should go in Guitar Gear & Accesoires

but anyways, the Vox shouldn't let you down (do you really want and need a half stack?).
You can also test out a Roland Cube 60.
I strongly advise you to not buy the Marshall MG.
No, not the Marshall, the Vox.

But for that price, you could prob. get a used valve combo, and take this to GG&A
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
u could easily get a tube amp for that price mabey a hotrod
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Wow... I long to see the day when someone doesnt ask to buy a Marshall MG or a Vox Valvetronix/Roland Cube. The answer is obvious. We are on UG, every forum says that MGs are horrible and yet everyone asks if they should get one. NO.
Neither, honestly.

For the same price you can get a tube combo amp. And even if it's only a 50w tube amp, it will still be more power than you'll ever use.

If your heart is set on those two though (and you insist on going with a halfstack...) it comes down to which one you like the sound of more.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Also, before you take all the people bashing MG's seriously, remember that most of them haven't ever tried one. They hear that MG's suck, so they repeat it like a broken record.

I own one, I have friends who own them, and I've talked to other people who have used them or owned them before. Pretty much everyone I've talked to has said that they're decent for solid states.

Edit: And just in case you were wondering, I have tried Vox Valvetronix's before. I find them to be nice amps, but with a lot of mediocre features instead of a few really good ones. Still, they are good amps and aren't a bad choice.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jun 28, 2006,
Quote by Xenn99
Also, before you take all the people bashing MG's seriously, remember that most of them haven't ever tried one. They hear that MG's suck, so they repeat it like a broken record.

I own one, I have friends who own them, and I've talked to other people who have used them or owned them before. Pretty much everyone I've talked to has said that they're decent for solid states.

Edit: And just in case you were wondering, I have tried Vox Valvetronix's before. I find them to be nice amps, but with a lot of mediocre features instead of a few really good ones. Still, they are good amps and aren't a bad choice.

I would say NOT the MG. without a doubt.
Not only have I owned one but i have many friends who have had/sold theirs. Sure while i had it I thought it wasnt bad and everyone was making way to big of a deal out of it, but as soon as i got my new amp (not very expensive, about same price as the marshall) i realised what tone is SUPPOSED to sound like. The MG's are horrible sound and extremely unreliable, they stay in production because people see the name marshall and go "OMgZ laWL me wants 2 play lyk the guitar godz!!11!"

enough of my half-rant, I would suggest you look into Hughes and Kettner amps as they are basically the best solid state amps out there.

If your not interested, go with the Vox

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by Xenn99

I have tried the Marshall MGs at my friends house a few times, and I thought it was fine at first. Once I played more amps though and found out what a guitar was supposed to sound like, I realized it was horrible.

The Vox Valvetronix amps are good, but I too didnt find them that good. I like the Roland Cube more.
Quote by Xenn99

I bash MG's and have tried one (and i tried one un biased from UG) and hated it. bUt its all down to taste.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quit whining about MGs. Everyone seems to think they cause cancer or something. D=
They make nice first amps, and they have an allright clean. So if your a pedal junkie who just wants something stupidly loud and cheap that handles pedals nicely MG's will do it. And they arent unreliable, i've dropped off a table on a stage a few times still works great.
But I wouldn't reccomend one for a general amp or an upgrade, especially if your spending that much.
Go with the valvetronix. Or get a tube combo.
Quote by Xenn99

Jenny doesn't like hers, that's all I need to know
Quote by beckyjc
...something stupidly loud and cheap that handles pedals nicely MG's will do it....

Thats the thing. MG's cost $50-100 dollars more than comprable solid-states, just because they say Marshall on the front grill. You could get a 120w Behringer keyboard amp that does the exact same thing, except it will only put you out 200 clams.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I own an MG and think it's OK but I've only tried that and a Fender amp. As someone said above, they're decent first amps that do a job to a competent level. I'd try lots of different amps instead of listening to the good folks on UG who bash anything and everything.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Definatly go vox like

Marshalls are canny bad until youo hit valvestate models and their still slightly ropey
If you want a marshall save up and get a DSL
Mine kicks ass and i love it

xchrisx
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
if you like to play all types of music, go with the vox. the roland is only at its best when you need that metal crunch. and ill do what everyone else is doing and say the mg sucks.sothe mg sucks.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by Wayward_Son
Thats the thing. MG's cost $50-100 dollars more than comprable solid-states, just because they say Marshall on the front grill. You could get a 120w Behringer keyboard amp that does the exact same thing, except it will only put you out 200 clams.

At least you'd look cool. (That was a joke, don't eat me.)
But the same could be said about guitar brands. Alot of people are buying thinks like LPs while knowing full well their are guitars that are pretty close quality wise (Agile, Tokai etc) and like half the price.
But that's not really the point. To a newbie it's a name you can trust, and I personally thing you're better off with an MG than a keyboard amp. It would probably sound more real using and mg, but i've never tried a keyboard amp with a guitar.
Im open to any suggestions im just thinking about what amp I should get next...I just want an amp that can play different types of music and sound good at them.I dont wanna have to spend over 600$ on it though , (i am willing to go 50 or mabey 100 more) I am not dead set on anything at all and if another amp would do better just sasy so...I don't really know much about amps so I have no idea of what to get...But thanks for helping...And if a mod sees this will you move it?
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation