Hey can anyone get me the tabs for the happy peanut song from that hilarious Snickers commercial? Here's a sight where you can watch it.

http://adage.com/vidt?pId=1

it's at the bottom of the page.
Nick Bladez
it looks like hes playin about with D,Cnd G chords or something if this helps??
Here are the chords without a strumming pattern.

e|--3---3----------3---3---2----------------|
B|--3---3----------3---3---3----------------|
G|--0---0---0--0---0---0---2----------------|
D|--0---0---2--0---0---0---0----------------|
A|--0---0---2--2---0---0--------------------|
E|--3---2---0--0---3---2--------------------|
ne 18, 2006. then its at the bottom. good job with the link tho. very helpful.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
sorry. click on the june 18th ,2006 link at the bottom of the page that you get to by clicking the link that NJ bladez gave.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by sonixon
Here are the chords without a strumming pattern.

e|--3---3----------3---3---2----------------|
B|--3---3----------3---3---3----------------|
G|--0---0---0--0---0---0---2----------------|
D|--0---0---2--0---0---0---0----------------|
A|--0---0---2--2---0---0--------------------|
E|--3---2---0--0---3---2--------------------|

he isnt just strumming and idk why but this sounds nothing like it to me...
to make it sound right on the first 2 chords you have to enphisise on the big E string
I Play it like this....

Happy Peanuts Sown....
--3--3--3--2--2--
-----X--X-----0--
-----0--0-----0--
-----0--0-----2--
--3--3--3-----3--
------------------

...Over Chocolate Covered Mountain tops...
--0----0----0--
-------2----2--
-------2----0--
-------0----0--
-------0----1--
---------------

...And Waterfalls of Caramel.
--3--3--3--2--2--0----0----0--
-----X--X-----0-------2----2--
-----0--0-----0-------2----0--
-----0--0-----2-------0----0--
--3--3--3-----3-------0----1--
-------------------------------

Prancing Nuget in the Meadow...
--3--3--3--2--2
-----X--X-----0
-----0--0-----0
-----0--0-----2
-----3--3-----3
---------------

...Sings a Song of Satisfaction to the WORLD.
--0--0----0----3
-----2----2----X
-----2----0----0
-----0----0----0
-----0----1----3
---------------

..................the world

It isnt perfect by any means... but I realized that for me to spend any more time obsessing about a commercial would make me some sort of crackhead.
Last edited by ideal at Aug 2, 2006,
Also.. another thing to note is that......

WTF.... Hes playing his guitar upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!

so it appears hes playing the high e string when he is actually playing the low E....

Snickers just likes to mess with guitarists like us who probably would never notice things such as that.
Last edited by ideal at Aug 2, 2006,
yeah thats wut i thought but if you watch the video, when he hits where the high e is, it makes a very low sound

but maybe im just crazy
take a look at the pick board..it's upside down as well. If the guitar was strung for a left hander, then the pick board would be on the other side of the fret borad
Quote by kevers
take a look at the pick board..it's upside down as well. If the guitar was strung for a left hander, then the pick board would be on the other side of the fret borad

they DONT MAKE lefty guitars
i kno lefties that play upside down without restringing
it looks so weird when they play... going up the scale and the notes get lower
Quote by Diablox
they DONT MAKE lefty guitars
i kno lefties that play upside down without restringing
it looks so weird when they play... going up the scale and the notes get lower

Don't be silly - of course they make lefty guitars. I'm a lefty and I have a lefty gibson sg.

If you don't buy a lefty guitar - it is easy to just string it upsidedown...and the pickboard is a semi-perminant or perminant thing - he probably didn't want to ruin his guitar by taking it off. So he just delt with it upsidedown.
can someone post a direct link to it please? i cant find the correct page
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
This seems to work fine.

Happy peanuts soar...
-----------------------------
-3--------3---3-----3-----
-0--------0---0-----0-----
-0--------0---0-----0-----
-X--------X---X-----X-----
-3--------3---3-----2-----

...over chocolate covered mountaintops...
----------------------------------------------------
-3---3----3---------3----3------3------------3--
-0---0----0---------0----0------2------------2--
-0---0----2---------2----2------0------------0--
-X---X----2---------2----2-----------------------
-2---2----0---------0----0-----------------------

...and waterfalls of ca..ra..mel...
-------------------------------------------
------3----3------3---3---3----3---3---
------2----0------0---0---0----0---0---
------0----0------0---0---0----0---0---
-----------X------X---X---X----X---X---
-----------3------3---3---2----2---2---

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Prancing...
----------------------------------------------
----3--------3----3--------3----3----3----
----0--------0----0--------0----0----0----
----X--------X----X--------X----X----X----
----3--------3----3--------3----3----3----
----------------------------------------------

...nouget in the meadow...
----------------------------------------
-----3--------3---3---3--------------
-----0--------0---0---0--------------
-----0--------0---0---0--------------
-----X--------X---X---X--------------
-----3--------3---3---2--------------

...sings a song of sat..is..fac..tion...
--------------------------------------------------
-----3---3---3------------3---3---3-----------
-----0---0---0------------0---0---2-----------
-----0---0---2------------2---2---0-----------
-----X---X---2------------2---2----------------
-----2---2---0------------0---0----------------

...to the world.
-------------------------
------3---3-------------
------2---2-------------
------0---0-------------

Here is my strumming pattern, just in case it isn't plainly obvious:

Verse
1--&--2--&--3--&--4--&
0--X---0--0--0--X--0---0

Bridge
1--&--2--&--3--&--4--&
0--X---0--0--X--0--0---0

When 'world' is sung, it's clearly in G, so you could play an optional G chord at the end of the song.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Bobane at Dec 10, 2006,
Hey I can't really read Tablature that great so instead of writing rythums down in Tabs I was wondering if you could either record them or something like that please, thanks
This guy is playing the guitar upside down. It is not re-strung. When he hits his base E note he plucks the normal position of the High E. I think the Guitar is tuned Drop D as well, which would make the chord fingerings easier. This is exactly what Lucas of Supernova does on some of his acoustic parts.
Ok everybody, the guitar is a right-handed guitar, being played lefty... the song, is a parody of "Big Rock Candy Mountain"... you can find the tabs on this very site... it's just the words are changed.... Have a great day.....
Quote by ideal
I Play it like this....

Happy Peanuts Sown....
--3--3--3--2--2--
-----X--X-----0--
-----0--0-----0--
-----0--0-----2--
--3--3--3-----3--
------------------

...Over Chocolate Covered Mountain tops...
--0----0----0--
-------2----2--
-------2----0--
-------0----0--
-------0----1--
---------------

...And Waterfalls of Caramel.
--3--3--3--2--2--0----0----0--
-----X--X-----0-------2----2--
-----0--0-----0-------2----0--
-----0--0-----2-------0----0--
--3--3--3-----3-------0----1--
-------------------------------

Prancing Nuget in the Meadow...
--3--3--3--2--2
-----X--X-----0
-----0--0-----0
-----0--0-----2
-----3--3-----3
---------------

...Sings a Song of Satisfaction to the WORLD.
--0--0----0----3
-----2----2----X
-----2----0----0
-----0----0----0
-----0----1----3
---------------

..................the world

It isnt perfect by any means... but I realized that for me to spend any more time obsessing about a commercial would make me some sort of crackhead.

umm ya u got words wrong too its happy peanuts SOAR
Any chance you guys considered that this guy is an ACTOR? Maybe someone showed him how to hold his hands and he's not playing? Yeaaa I'm all about that commercial, but never once did I thnk he was actually playing that. Dont try to watch his hands to figure out what hes playig or what string he's pluckin. It's TV. If that doesnt say NOT REAL, I guess that makes you a fan of Fox news ;P Yea this guy is playing a right handed guitar upside down because 1) THATS WHAT HE WAS HANDED and 2) HE DOESNT PLAY GUITAR. But he is a pretty man... haha thats why he got paid. Doubt thats even him singin... if you know anything about the industry, its very likely...
What's funny is that this guy was once in a herpes medication commercial. :x
Vice President of Stephen Colbert for President campaign, PM Cashewchaching to join

Personal Page
Quote by crescent.fresh
Any chance you guys considered that this guy is an ACTOR? Maybe someone showed him how to hold his hands and he's not playing? Yeaaa I'm all about that commercial, but never once did I thnk he was actually playing that. Dont try to watch his hands to figure out what hes playig or what string he's pluckin. It's TV. If that doesnt say NOT REAL, I guess that makes you a fan of Fox news ;P Yea this guy is playing a right handed guitar upside down because 1) THATS WHAT HE WAS HANDED and 2) HE DOESNT PLAY GUITAR. But he is a pretty man... haha thats why he got paid. Doubt thats even him singin... if you know anything about the industry, its very likely...

I bet you're one of those conspiracy nuts. He's singing and playing left handed on a right handed guitar. Believe it.
Quote by crescent.fresh

I don't know, I actually work with stuff like this alot, if it is fake, the lip sync he does along with moving his hands at the right time is amazing. I'm thinking of the second commercial when I say that...

but yeah the first one (if thats what your talking about) is probably lip syncing, since they were doing multiple camera angles it wouldn't of been pratical to do it live, not to mention nearly impossible to keep the sound quality the same AND make sure the cameras don't see eachother, also if you look closly there are points where the guy gets almost a little too preoccupied with facial expression and gets out of sync, otherwise I think he's good at it. But I think he probably recorded it then lipsynced it since he did the second commercial. which was a different recording, and I didn't see any evidence of lipsync

to the guy before me... it's not conspiracy, it's advertising ( I've seen other commercials that to me are obviously lipsyncing on normal speech (that's hella hard, no rhythem to talk to, nothing but listening and listening and listening and redoing redoing redoing).... it seems to me your just kind of writing him off as something WAY off topic
Obivously alot of you people think you know it all when you can't even read music.. all the tabs I have seen are played on the top strings.... how can you not tell the pitch is wrong! For those of you who think there is no such thing as lefty guitars you are morons... Jhendrix played a right handed guitar but switched the strings. Who knows if he is doing this becuase you can't see the strings at all and you can't say "you can see when he picks its a high/low sound..." He finger picks the first notes one from low and looks like 2 high and then he strums I doubt he is even playing the guitar really. I think I hear some single notes on the E string tho.