about 1-2 months ago i bought myself some shiny gold straplocks, i dont perform with a band or chuck my guitar around, and half an hour ago the tail end of guitars strap buttin screw had loosened itsself enogh to fall out, the thread on the screw has created a bigger hole than the screw, any suggestions on fixing or should i contact the company???
I had the same problem.
The original strap buttons used a larger screw and the straplock buttons were too small and feel out after a while.
You could try to put in some glue or something (jenny can tell you more specific how to do this, I think) or you can search for new straplocks that use a larger screw.
Toothpick method...

Jam a lot of toothpicks in the hole, as many as you can, break the part thats sticking out and screw the strap button into them. Holds great for me...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
Toothpick method...

Jam a lot of toothpicks in the hole, as many as you can, break the part thats sticking out and screw the strap button into them. Holds great for me...

Ya thats how i did it, and it works great. i think Jennys method is pretty similar if i remember but i think she puts wood glue in along with the toothpicks not for certain though. Either method will work though and you only need like two toothpicks to fill the hole at least i did
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
i too had the same problem. the original screws on the guitar were all ready fallin out, so i had to get some strap locks. same problem again tho, the new screws were too small. i went lookin around town, and found a set of locks at a corner guitar shop. they were a little bigger, but they still didnt cut it. the guy at the counter said to go online and get em off a this website that he gave me. and of course i lost the goddamn thing. alls i know is that you gotta look online to find em. theyre custom made ones, so theyre a little expensive. its better to buy them, than have your baby fall down an get hurt
im not really crazy about putting in a new larger screw. only because itll work, but im always afraid the larger screw is just going to eat away at more wood, making the hole even bigger.

my vote is always to add wood in the first place. (by the way this is a very common occurrence.)

take out the screw. (like said) shove as many toothpicks in there as possible, shoot in some wood glue, and screw Back in thru the toothpicks.
let set.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by dead-fish
Toothpick method...

I don't like the toothpick method. It works if you're fixing a cheap guitar, but if you're trying to repair a quality instrument, toothpicks are kind of a crappy solution.

It is better to drill out the existing hole and fill it with a piece of oak dowel. Then pre-drill a small pilot hole for the screw and reinstall the strap button.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 28, 2006,
awesome guys, i used some dowel, purely because i had no toothpicks at hand,as soon as i fixed my tail end screw i went upstairs to rock out more, then bugger me the otherone comes out as im messing around, lol.but now its all done, i was worried as i thought it may have been my new jodi heart strap, lol . bit of a silly thought, now im back jumping around with my black beauty...

i gotta admit i was ****ting myself whan they fell out,
Quote by Armored Artist
I don't like the toothpick method. It works if you're fixing a cheap guitar, but if you're trying to repair a quality instrument, toothpicks are kind of a crappy solution.

It is better to drill out the existing hole and fill it with a piece of oak dowel. Then pre-drill a small pilot hole for the screw and reinstall the strap button.

so ur using an EXPENSIVE toothpick

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by Armored Artist

I would even use the toothpick method on a 10000$ guitar; it's that good.
i wouldnt mind using toothpicks on an expensive guitar. theres less room to screw up and it adds character
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100