What's a hotter pickup, the SD Hot Rail?...or the DiMarzio Super Distortion

(talking stacked singles here)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

not sure, u can look up the output numbers.

but i can tell u that, that doesnt always correspond to a heavier sound.

for example, my Dimarzio Virtual Vintage heavy blues stacked pup has more low end than my hotrails. so its better suited for heavier (humbucker type) music.
im not sure which is rated higher tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
What's a hotter pickup, the SD Hot Rail?...or the DiMarzio Super Distortion

(talking stacked singles here)

They aren't stacked.
i meant stacked humbuckers...not stacked singles...and i want a very heavy/distorted kidna sound...like a Maiden sound kinda rig...and if i cant get a Hot Rail theni will have ot get a DiMarzio Super distortion
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

ok so u want to know if a hotrail is higher output as compared to a dimarzio humbucker.

and the answer is the output isnt really the issue.
even if the number is higher.
railed pups dont have the space needed between the rails to give u that heavy tone ur looking for.
its close but the tone is slightly different. they sound like Really hot singles. if u want, u can use pedals or a good amp to get the tones u want. or u can start with a humbucker in the first place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yeah i could...most strats are routed for a humbucker already...but thing is, i hate the look of humbuckers on strats...be it an H/S/H configuration or H/S/S...i dont like the lookat all, andi already have a guitar wih humbuckers...so this guitar is for blues and rock and just stuff thats a little heavy, but not mind blowing pantera distortion or anything...i just want a good stacked humbucker that wont buzz like a bitch and will give me a bit of crunch.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
i meant stacked humbuckers...not stacked singles

They are still not stacked
i thought they were, then waht the **** are they?

EDIT, well obviously, one of us is wrong...fromthe Seymour Duncan website:"High output single-coil-size ?rails? humbucker. Great for classic rock, garage, punk, heavy rock, thrash, classic metal and nu-metal."...its not a full sized humbuckers, but it says right there, humbucker, single coil sized...Stacked humbucker ring any bells?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Jun 28, 2006,
LAF, i was confused too, cause i thought u might mean full sized humbuckers.

i usually call them stacked singles, even tho they are really mini humbuckers.

anyway, if we are talking about stacked mini dimarzio vs railed duncan...

i think my virt vintage sounds fuller than my hotrails.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62