Hey Guys,

I recently got a Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive. And now im wondering how I get the Muse overdrive sound cause I know Chris Wolstenholme uses an ODB-3 Im guessing he'll use some sort of other overdrive maybe, if you listen to Plug in Baby thats the type of overdrive sound I want!

Cheers
and an akai deep impact sometimes i think.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
chris uses like 4 OD pedals live
he modifies his sound so much
its wacky
but id say set you od tones to full lows roll back the treble
12 o clock for balance
level full
and gain 3/4

thats how i got a nice growl
its reminisant of the tone in Little sister by QOTSA
but if you add a big muff or double muff to it
you get the tone
at least i think so
im running through a GK
so its always differnt!
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Quote by FbSa
Doesn't he max the gain on it?

i dunno
his settings are always differnt
but i like the gain on the muffs better than the ODB-3
if you 3/4-max that
it evens out pretty good for me
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
to get the sound from hysteria, i use an EH Big Muff with a Morley Wah pedal left all the way down. sustain has to really be turned down for a bass for the sound to come through clear enough.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I'm pretty sure that guy from Muse is Jesus. He's the only one who can get that sound. I should know i work at wac arnolds.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he uses some kind of synth as well a drive to get that tone.
I would just experiment with different types of pedals. Try a sans amp with that green digitech autowah
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.