Notes these are all used

SHould i get a GK 400rb head and Hartke 4X10 410 Transpoter Cab for $350?
The head is 200 watts @ 4ohms, effects loop, and the cab is Dimensions 24x24x15
Weight 65 lb
Power 300 watts
Speakers 4 aluminum hartke speakers
Ohms 8 ohms

or should i get a:

GK 700rb bi amp head -$250
350 watts + 50 watts tweeter @ 4 ohms.

In this second deal i can get a behringer 2 10" cab 500 watts at 4 ohms --$125
aluminum cones, but i have not heard good things from behringer. I understand they are not reliable structuarlly?

I know the 700 definitly kicks the the 400 in loudness and probably tone too? but i also get the hartke 4 x10 cab for 100 dollars more in the first deal. I would be upgrading from a 10 watt Crate amp, but i want a amp that I will use for a while. Playing small, medium and larger size venues. Share your wise opinions and experiences with me.

Oh just in i can get a GK backline 600 for 200 dollars mint condition. It retails at 300 though

Well, in the first deal since you have an 8ohm cab, you'll be lucky if the 400RB head powers 120 watts into it...Because thats how it goes at higher impedences, at 4ohms the head powers 200W and at 8ohms it powers a bit more than half, so it would power around 120W...So you will pretty much have a 120 watt rig there...The 4x10 will push more air and will be much more reliable than the Behringer 2x10 but the Behringer will be handle a lot more power with a 700RB head than the Hartke will with the 400rb...BTW I personally would not trust a Behringer cab unless I got the warranty that says Behringer will replace your item if anything goes wrong No Questions Asked...But since its used you probably wont be able to...

And I say a 700RB for $250 is an amazing price even if theres a few scratches on it or some pots are scratchy...As long as it works fine than thats a great price...I think its harder to find a good cheap head than it is a cab and a good head is more important than a good cab (I'm not saying always, I'm saying if you have to choose one or the other I'd choose a good head than a good cab)...

If I were you I'd buy the GK700RB for the $250 and shop around for a good cab on ebay or other local stores but thats just me...

Theres no way you can get the 700RB and Hartke 410 is there?
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
If i got the GK 700 and a 4 X 10 cab, how much power would i have about? The 120W with the first setup is way too low i think. I would need to keep up with 2 guitarists and a drummer.

So the 700 rb is definitly superior in everyway than the 400 rb? I may buy it with $250 and then shop around for a good cab for 100-150 eh?

But what about the backline 600? Does that fall way short compared to the 700 rb? Its 200 dollars for the backline though.

Cmon anyone wanna offer some wisdom? And it turns out the guy wants $275 fir the GK 700rb

Quote by nunu
If i got the GK 700 and a 4 X 10 cab, how much power would i have about? The 120W with the first setup is way too low i think. I would need to keep up with 2 guitarists and a drummer.

So the 700 rb is definitly superior in everyway than the 400 rb? I may buy it with $250 and then shop around for a good cab for 100-150 eh?

But what about the backline 600? Does that fall way short compared to the 700 rb? Its 200 dollars for the backline though.

It depends on the 4x10...If the 4x10 is a 4ohm cab and it handles at least 400 watts than the 700RB would pour all 350 watts into that one cab, but you will be stuck with one cab and you wont be able to add another cab to your rig...If you're ok with a standalone cab and want a lot of power for right now then get one 4ohm cab, maybe even a 6x10...But if you want to have two cabs like a 4x10 and a 1x15 or a 2x12 and a 1x18 or even a 4x12 and a 2x8 then you should get 8ohm cabs...The 700RB should power about 225 watts into an 8ohm load so you should be fine with one 8ohm cab for now...

And yes I think the 700 is superior to the 400 in almost every way...And yes you would be wise to buy the 700RB and look for a good used cab...

Thats just my opinion though, it'd be good to hear what others have to say on this matter
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Hmm so if i got the hartke 410 it would be 8 ohms and he 700rb head would provide t200 something watts. And even better i can add on another 8 ohm amp right? For more sound and for a different kind of sound? It sounds like 2 8 ohm amps give you more control than a 4 ohm amp. Thx for your opinion Xenocide.

Anyone else want to share their opinion on what I should do. GK rb 400,700, or back line 600 and what cab to get?

Oh, I forgot about the Backline 600...Well it powers 300W into 4ohms and probably around 180 into a 8ohm load but it has less features than the RB's and some say the sound quality isnt as good as the RB's...But its 200 dollars and the 700 is $275 so...You make the call...

<EDIT> And for cabs look at the BLX series from Gallien Krueger, most are pretty cheap at around 200 bucks...The 115 is like $220 and the 2x10 is like $190 new, you should be able to find them for a good price used...
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jun 28, 2006,
k thx alot i think i will do that. This guy is selling his

Hartrke Bass Head and Cabinet for sale.

SPECS: the head is the Hartke HA-3000--300 watts.
The cabinet is Hartke HCV115 1x15 w/tweeter also 300
watts. Excellent condition. Plus, the head comes
with a fitted SKB case.

All of that for 400. Would you choose the GK 700 head over the Hartke 3000?

I recently purchased an HA3000 from a guy on Talkbass for $175...The cab I got was from steelsound.com, a 2x12 4ohm cab that handles 400W...The amp and cab came out to a total of around 400 bucks...I'm ok with a 4ohm cab because I plan on upgrading from the Hartke to an amp that can handles 2ohm loads like a Peavey or an Eden (i wish)...Then I can run two 4ohm cabs...

But I think thats a pretty good deal, the HA3000 pumps out 200 watts at 8ohms (I assume the cab is an 8ohm) so thats a pretty good amp/cab combo...The rack is a plus too, so you can add a tuner or rackmount effects processer if thats your thing....Depending on the price, I would get the cheaper of the two, both are pretty good amps and I have no bias towards or against either...If it was the newer GK700RB-II that powered 480W + 50W to the tweeter than I'd get that but since its not then I'd say both are good buys...
haha comeone you gotta have an opinion. It turns out the boy has bumped the gk rb700 to 250 now. Meaning i would have 150 to spend for a cab to reach the 400 dollar deal of the other setup. Lets say i got a hartke 410 cab with 150, so then i would have the gk700 and a 410 for same prices as the ^hartke config. Which one would you personally use?

Quote by nunu
haha comeone you gotta have an opinion. It turns out the boy has bumped the gk rb700 to 250 now. Meaning i would have 150 to spend for a cab to reach the 400 dollar deal of the other setup. Lets say i got a hartke 410 cab with 150, so then i would have the gk700 and a 410 for same prices as the ^hartke config. Which one would you personally use?

lol, I didnt mean I had no opinion on it I meant I'm not biased towards either of the names on the amps...I.E. I'm not a GK Man nor am I a Hartke fanboy, etc...

But if you can get a Hartke 4x10 and the 700RB for close to $400 then I'd say go for it..
The best GK you can afford + An avatar cab.

Hartke (imo) sucks, and Behringer is just a trash can.
haha
Quote by FbSa
I'd go with the second choice, plain and simple.

Er im confused, which one is that?