i have narrowed my new guitar to these 3

ibanez rg2550E
ibanez rg1570
ibaez rgt42dxfm

i play heavy metal
what should i get, i am leaning tward the 2550
rg2550 vs rg1570
besides the color, both of these are basswood and both have Ibanez's pickups (even if the 2550 has Dimarzio Ibanez, they still aren't real good) that you'd want to change anyway.
These are practically the same besides aesthetic and price. Basswood may not be the best wood for metal (very sweet sounds, better for 80s type stuff)

RGT42DXFM
well this ones mahogany, which would probably work much better. Bridge is the Edge Pro II which I'm not entirely sure about. And its got a neck-through too....but its not Prestige
I have a RGT42DXFM, its not a Prestige model. The Edge Pro II bridge is kinda a hit and miss type of thing, you either get a good one that stays in tune well or a horrible one. My advice is to try it out in a store. In my case I was lucky and got a good bridge that stays in tune extremely well. The neck is fast like all Ibanez guitars but the pickups will need replacing. I don't know too much about the other guitars though.

EDIT: I find that the guitar has great sustain
Last edited by your_mom1992 at Jun 28, 2006,
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
yeah bu t it only comes in lavender

is it better than the rg2550e

Well it doesn't have the prestige neck, but it does have a neck through construction.

It is made out of mahogany which you might find better suited for metal than basswood

The bridge is either a hit or miss (probably the only thing that really kills the RGT42) but if you're buying it in a store and you get to play it so you can be sure its ok (if you're buying online I'd probably pass)

And shark tooth inlays looks pretty metal if you don't like the lavender/blue/whatever color it is.

You'd want to change the pickups in all of them in any case.

but theres virtually no difference between the RG2550 and RG1570 except looks and price (and the pickups if you count those...)
no, the rg2550 is a prestige, which are all good, while the rgt42dxfm is not and has a edge Pro II which I always hear about it being crap. (haven't tried it myself)
1570 = Best for the price.

RGT= Ugly, wizard 2 neck( Great neck, but when compared to a prestige its baby food)

2550 = Same thing as the 1570 with pickgaurd and slightly better pickups.

2620 = Dead sexy when cubed blue, but again, its a 1570 with a different paintjob... Doesnt justify the price.

Theres a Jcustom for 800 on ebay, check it out, its better then all these by a long shot.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
i dont care about price what would be the best ibanez for me to get one that is beter than rg1570 if there is
^ Ibanez J-Custom if price isnt an issue. Other than that, RGT220 or any kind of prestige neck thru, and then theres the JEM
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
The RGT220 and RGT320 are the Prestige ones out of the RGT line, with the mahogany body.
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
what about rg2570

Nothing but different pickups, and maybe sharktooth inlays ? Does it have them?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^Wtf do you think dude. Jeez, it was supposed to be 3 guitars now theres 100....

the RGT320>RGT220>RGT42

Now like ik said before, if price range is not a problem, GET THE JCUSTOM IN THE EBAY LINK I SENT YOU.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
which is a better guitar the rgt220 or rgt320 or rgt42dxfx(fm)

the rgt42 is not out of the prestige line so that one falls out.

the only different between the 220 and the 320 is that the 320 has a flamed maple top (doesn't do a lot for the tone at that thickness) while the the 220 has more of a natural finish. Aesthetic difference mainly.
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
never mind price is now a factor under $1100

Quit double posting and triple posting....

EDIT BUTTON

1100? Like i said, that ebay auction.... 800$ for a 1500$ J-Custom...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
well now it has to be under $1100
i realized that i gant get that much $$$

WTF you already told us that......

noob
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Put it like this the RGT42DX/ DXQM are like LTDs and the Prestige Ibanez's are the ones that actually say ESP on the headstock.

Just get the 1570 it will sound better b/c of direct mounted pups vs. the pickplated RG model. Swap the pups to somehting of your liking and enjoy a professional guitar that will last for your lifetime. Then take whats left from $1100 - $749 and put it towards an amp or some nice effects.
Last edited by CustomCustom at Jun 28, 2006,
^ Dont bother custom, this guys to narrow minded to listen to anyone.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
alright, here's what you do: ebay a 550 or 570. Best trem (locking studs, yay!) and badass paintjobs. Or a J-Custom. I personally did the stupid thing of buying a new (ibanez's new color selection is a bit..... dull) 1570, but I changed the pups, and it's been made into a badass guitar. Now if only i'd get around to swirling it.....
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited