I'm just listening to the intro of Floods by Pantera, and I really like the tone throughout that song, and I like Dimebag's tone in general, and I understand he used Randall solid state amps...what amp exactly does anyone know was used for floods and are they still available?

Thanks
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
the guitar doesn't matter and I believe the Krankenstein was used for Damageplan not for Pantera
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Krankenstein NO!

Get a good Solid state, Randall Warhead if you can find one used or on Ebay or something. Otherwise check out a Randall RG, Maybe the new G3 series
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
yeah thats what I thought

GNR4EVER, do you know if the RG series would give that kinda tone?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

He only used Krank during the Damageplan tour. According to the New Found Power liner notes, he used Washburn guitars and Randall amps.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
get a Randall Warhead or a good Randall Solid state even if I think the Kranks would be better. You can try to put a Dime Distortion in those too
dude no offence but will you read what people say, my guitar is made of Mahogany, I was talking about the RANDALL RG SERIES!
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

^ well I heard an original RG100 was used on Cowboys from Hell (The whole album). Not 100% Sure if it's true but I'd try and try out one of the new RG's (The G3 Series) If you can find one

EDIT: He really had a Solid State tone, so a good Solid state would probably be the best way to go, and since he used Randalls they're probably the best place to start
no prob man i should have been more specific,

I don't know anywhere in Ireland that stocks Randall, do you? Well I guess I'll look around anyway
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Can't say I do, sorry

Try looking for soundbytes and stuff on the Internet
well there is this place www.musictechnology.ie that seem to stock an awful lot of stuff so at least I might have a chance of being able to try it (If I travel to Dublin)

Thanks for your help anyway
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

This is what they have at www.musictechnology.ie

RANDALL RG-75 G2, Guitarcombo, 75 Watts, Solid State, 1 x12" Celestion Seventy 80 Speaker, 2 Channels with 3 Modes,Voicing Switch, Countour Control, Effect Loop with LevelControl, external Speaker Outs (4 and 8 Ohms), incl.4-button Footswitch, Dimensions WHD: 25 x 18,5 x 11,5 cm,Weight: 23,5 kg
?374

Randall RG75DG3 Guitar Combo, 75 Watt RMS, 1x12"CelestionSeventy 80, 2 channels w/3 modes, Gain 1: Classic hi-gain,Gain 2: Modern hi-gain, Clean channel w/boost option, Dual3-band EQ's, 16-digital effects,12AT7 tube driven MOSFETpower circuit, Effects loop w/level controls, Line out,RF4G3 foot controller included, 26,5kg
?534

Randall RG75G3 Guitar Combo, 75 Watt RMS, 1x12"CelestionSeventy 80, 2 channels w/3 modes, Gain 1: Classic hi-gain,Gain 2: Modern hi-gain, Clean channel w/boost option, Dual3-band EQ's, 12AT7 tube driven MOSFET power circuit,Effects loop w/level controls, Line out, RF4G3 footcontroller included, 26,5kg
?483

I have one other question, people say Solid State amps sound crappy at high volume, so how did people like Dime get good tone live at high volume?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

oh so the amp doesn't have to be turned up loud

Would you recommend (for a metal tone) getting a Randall RG75 or getting a Laney LC15 (tube) and a tubescreamer pedal?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

People on this board seem to think that the Randall's do too

Could you recommend any other amp in the RG75 G2 price range that would do a better job for Pantera/Metallica/Tool kinda stuff?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby