I was thinking about making a short EP of maybe 5-6 songs and selling it just so I can say I did. I'm not looking to make any money because I know not a lot of people would want to buy my music.

I just want to make it a little project, you know, designing the case and stuff. I'd sell it like this, for any amount of money (penny and up), I'd send the mp3s to the listener. For any amount of money over X (a few bucks, I'm guessing), I'd give a cd with custom covers, signed, extra songs (instrumentals/demos), and all that good stuff.

My question is, is there anything else I need to do? I mean, I'm guessing I wouldn't need a publisher/record label as this is just a project thing... but I still want to make it KIND of official, you know what I'm saying?

Also, what else do you think would be good on the cd? I'm thinking demos, covers, instrumentals, pictures on the cover, some custom artwork. I think it would be a cool little exhibit to look at for a few bucks... probably something like 3 bucks.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Sounds like a fun idea. 5-6 songs seems like more than enough for an EP. Why not just call it an album? Make tracks 1-6 album tracks, then add a few more demos and covers. I don't think there's any legal issues, except maybe the covers. If you cover a song and sell it for money you need to pay royalties to the original artist.
Yeah I haven't thought about that. Maybe there won't be any covers then hah
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
wtf!?!?!?!
That does sound quite fun, you kinda motivated me to do it also! You should put a thank-you thing in the cover and stuff!
before you start selling do a poor mans copyright! Take your cd,put it in an envelope,take it to the post office and mail it to yourself. Trust me, you will be glad you did it
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by guitarfan93
before you start selling do a poor mans copyright! Take your cd,put it in an envelope,take it to the post office and mail it to yourself. Trust me, you will be glad you did it

I don't get it
If someone ever steals your song,you can show the court the cd and play it for them,and you will be able to prove that they stole your song. By mailing it to yourself it shows that it was created on this date,So if someone copys you can say," i made this before you! "
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Haha yeah I heard of that. I actually heard that wouldn't stand up in court, but its a cool little thing to have Does the date get stamped on the mail?
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
wtf!?!?!?!