jerry cantrell of alice in chains is one of my favorite guitarists of all time, but i've been having trouble finding info on his gear (guitars, amps, effects, etc.). Does anybody have any gear info on him? Pictures would be great too. I would most like to know his amps.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
(from another website)

GUITARS
G&L Rampage - with Kahler trem (right)
G&L ASAT
Musicman/Ernie Ball Van Halen
Fender Stratocasters
Fender Telecasters
Gibson Les Pauls
Gibson 335
Hamer - with Sustainiac
Danelectro bari guitar
Guild acoustic
Martin D-35 acoustic
Strings - Dean Markley
Picks - Dunlop Extra heavy
AMPS
Peavey 5150
Fender Twin
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier
Bogners
Marshalls
Marshall Cabs 4x12" loaded with 20 or 30 watt Celestion speakers
holy crap, thanks for the fast reply, do you know what kind of bogners and marshalls he uses? I'd still like some pics though. and which website did you get the info off of, cuz its not on guitargeek.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
my guess is more towards the Bogner Ecstasy than something like the Uberschall. Its supposed to be more towards the Marshally/Fendery type rock tones but to what I've heard it kind of missed the real thing. Also I don't know Bogner's full lineup back then (I know Steve Vai used the Ecstasy for the majority of the 90s before he got the Carvins)

As far as Marshalls go: JCM900 and backwards, probably something out the JCM800 range or a JMP
Quote by shredmeiser101
holy crap, thanks for the fast reply, do you know what kind of bogners and marshalls he uses? I'd still like some pics though. and which website did you get the info off of, cuz its not on guitargeek.

Very simple, I just did it:
1. Open Google
2. type in JERRY CANTRELL GEAR
3. Read information on twenty websites

thanks ttrfreak for the pics, and the rest of you for the websites.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
are those two tan ones the g&l's?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
i just came back from seeing alice in chains. was an almightly gig.

got to meet all the band and get them to sign my dirt album!!

got a few plecs from jerry and mike aswell.

now who wants one?!!!!!
i was gonna say they forgot to list his Dean V which rocks shaved neck all white i love it
Quote by dertjoe
i was gonna say they forgot to list his Dean V which rocks shaved neck all white i love it

see personally i perfer the G&Ls but then again i've played the sucky Deans at guitar center.... did you hear that that dean (at least i believe) is his signature Dean that he'll release....oh and he's releasing signature amps but i dont know which company thats doing it with him
I love that somebody is asking about this ... considering that there was a celeb rig up for 6 months on him.