Page 1 of 2
My First Post :P, well I have some questions about this amp. I'm going to buy it, and I'm going to play with it at band practice and small gigs. Will this amp work fine for that? I play mainly punk/grunge/indie, and I have a Epiphone Lp Std. Here is the link to the amp in Marshall oficial web: Link

Thanks for your help

Pd: And sorry for my bad english :p
No Signature
I Wouldn't buy it...Ever....

I'll let someone else give you the details...
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Wow not again! DO NOT GET A MARSHALL MG! They suck. You are going to be pwnd by everyone since you created another thread about MGs. They will all tell you to get a Roland Cube, a Vox Valvetronix, or a small tube amp. I think the Roland Cube is the best choice though.
Do a search on Marshall MGs.

Bad tone, thin distortion, they break super easy, they are way over priced, they will get you laughed at.

Get a tube combo.
Are they in the same price range? Can u give me more details about that amps? Please, It's my second amp, I don't wanna to make a mistake.
No Signature
wtf??!!! ive got this amp and its been really good??!!...but now i understand that now ive sed this im gona get the **** ripped outt me lol
Quote by Dead Horse
wtf??!!! ive got this amp and its been really good??!!...but now i understand that now ive sed this im gona get the **** ripped outt me lol

It may sound good to you, but how many amps have you tried? Have you gone to a guitar store and played through some nice tube amps?
Quote by Bensimon
Are they in the same price range? Can u give me more details about that amps? Please, It's my second amp, I don't wanna to make a mistake.

How much do you have to spend?
Used Peavey Classic 30 maybe?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Vox AD50VT? I Hear good things about those, that might be my next amp.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
You might be able to get a used Marshall DSL 401 for around $4-500 on ebay, and it will sound 1000 times better than that solid state MG series brick.
Can't blame Marshall's marketing strategy for being ineffective; so many people want to waste their good 500 bucks on MG's...

For that money I'd definitely go for used tube combo.

Crappy gear, crappy skills. But at least I'm damn ugly.

Somebody should put a sticky thread advicing people about the opinions and facts about Marshall MG's and Line 6 Spider's. This could save all this flaming and repetitive posting.
Quote by take_it_t
Somebody should put a sticky thread advicing people about the opinions and facts about Marshall MG's and Line 6 Spider's. This could save all this flaming and repetitive posting.

+1
If you're looking for a small pratice amp, an MG is fine. But not for what you want. You want something that sounds great because you'll be playing live with it.

I'll echo the others here and suggest the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT. It's a good amp and perfect for what you want.

Also, unless you're playing a huge open area without a PA system, you'll never need a halfstack. Usually a 30-50w combo amp has plenty of volume for playing live with a PA system. Just mic it and you're good to go.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by take_it_t

I'm pretty sure I already have it up there, it's not my fault if people don't read it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Right on, you'll love it, but try one out first.
Don't be afraid to care"

I have to agree with most, the MG series is not something that I would look at either. A friend of mine bought the half stack w/ MG100HDFX and he got rid of it almost as fast as he got it. First the sound is thin and weak as has been mentioned. The most annoying thing is the cooling fan. It hummed from start to finish, loudly. I have read this complaint before, so this wasn't an isolated case. I'm not a big fan of built-in effects, but, if that's something of interest to you, I would definitely check out a VOX as well. I think you'll like them. I have had the AD30VT for about two years with no problems and it sounds good.
i got the mg100dfx and with a boss metal zone and a bit of tone eq tinkerin' i got a really good metal tone that is good and loud for rythm guitarists. it also doesnt lose its tone once you go past 50+ like a roland cube.
^ haha, fucking awesome.

I sense you've just figured out how to do gifs...

(I still don't know )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ haha, fucking awesome.

(I still don't know )

noob
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ suck my balls

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ haha, fucking awesome.

(I still don't know )

I'm just looking over a lot of them right now, and some are relevent to UG
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

"Investing" in Adobe Photoshop would be a start

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
"Investing" in Adobe Photoshop would be a start

yeah, but that costs money.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, but that costs money.

Notice that i put "investing"

should have put

"Investing"

(i hope you catch my drift )

Quote by metaldud536

^^ been ther done that! its way cheaper imo
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
^^ been ther done that! its way cheaper imo

Quote by metaldud536

Okay, I have a MG50DFX. I think it is a great amp with plenty of power. I have had one fan problem with it and thats it. I guess I am the minority though.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by Xenn99
If you're looking for a small pratice amp, an MG is fine. But not for what you want. You want something that sounds great because you'll be playing live with it.

I'll echo the others here and suggest the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT. It's a good amp and perfect for what you want.

Also, unless you're playing a huge open area without a PA system, you'll never need a halfstack. Usually a 30-50w combo amp has plenty of volume for playing live with a PA system. Just mic it and you're good to go.

really? So a 30W 1x12 all tuber is good enough for live if you mic it?
Last edited by Davidian at Jul 4, 2006,
^Yea, same with any low wattage amps really.
Don't be afraid to care"

Page 1 of 2