Ok, i know the general consensis on Kranks here. Ive played one at low volumes and didnt like it a hole lot. BUT

-The guy from Job for a Cowboy used one, and it sounded as good as the powerballs that the next band played, just not quite as bright.

-Tons of major bands use them, so they cant be too bad, right?

-The guy from the Acacia strain uses them and his tone is awsome.

-The guy from the acacia strain calls them a souped up mesa, is he right?

-My guitar teacher says they are really good for drop tuneings, hes a dealer.

-The Acacia Strain guy tunes to open G#, and it sounded super tight still.

Im going to go play one of these at some higher volume levels at my instructors studio some day, so i can make my own opinions.

Are my observations correct?
Have you been to Job For a Cowboy live? the krank sounds muffled and terrible by itself apparently...
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
Try to keep in mind that "tons of major bands" also have very skilled amp techs to hot rod things for them. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that some subtle changes were made to touring Kranks that don't get done to retail ones. A band might record with the amps they love but must tour with the ones that sponsor them.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to find a Krank with good tone, especially from a touring band that can add pedals and modify the stock sounds. Krank are just too spendy for what you get; when you could opt for an Engl, Mesa, etc why settle for Krank?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Ive never seen JFAC live...but Ive seen about all the videos of them live on youtube. IMO it sounds horrible. And yes, The Acacia Strain uses them. And what Mudder said is right. They also use VHT cabs which are amazing.
Quote by Mudder
Krank are just too spendy for what you get; when you could opt for an Engl, Mesa, etc why settle for Krank?

Because i can get a brand new Revolution half stack for 2300.

And yeah, i saw JFAC live. They sounded just as good as Misery Index who had two powerballs.
Appearently Krank Endorsees get better amps than the normal public do. Higher class parts and stuff. Buts thats just a rumour.
Quote by TheFluffy

-My guitar teacher says they are really good for drop tuneings, hes a dealer.

I wouldn't trust an opinion from a drug dealer

Yea, crank one, see what if you like it more, but really, if you didn't like it the first time, I doubt you'll hear much difference this time.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by TheFluffy
Because i can get a brand new Revolution half stack for 2300.

And yeah, i saw JFAC live. They sounded just as good as Misery Index who had two powerballs.

For that sort of money you could get a Mesa Dual rec half stack, Engl screamer, Bogner Shiva, THD flexi 50, Laney TI100L half stack...

So many options for your price range...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^Yeah.

I do NOT like Krank. In fact, I hate them. They just sound bad, in my experience.

Then again, so does a band called "The Acacia Strain". Isn't that a kind of tree?