I've heard only good things about this guitar. I can get it for $750 with a case and wah pedal. But how are the pickups? I want this guitar to be as good as possible, so I might change the pickups. Should I? I was thinking of changing the pickups to these,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP159-Evolution-Bridge-Pickup?sku=302960

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP158-Evolution-Neck-Pickup?sku=302950

They're the DiMarzio Evolution pickups. My friend has the bridge one, and says its amazing, but how would it sound in an RG1570? Its basswood, if that is important. Im looking for a guitar and pickups that can play great cleans, but is able to pickup pinch harmonics well, and play great leads. (And its also the Steve Vai pickups, and Vai is awesome )
well the 1570 is a nice guitar, even though i dont like trems
(its because i like lower tunings i play a baritone) any ways ya i played one its a great guitar.
Ibanez pickups arent ment to be the best ibanez are know for there designs, wood and features except pickups. So replacing them is not a problem more of like a routine. Oh and nice choice of a guitar.
Quote by Mushok413
well the 1570 is a nice guitar, even though i dont like trems
(its because i like lower tunings i play a baritone) any ways ya i played one its a great guitar.
Ibanez pickups arent ment to be the best ibanez are know for there designs, wood and features except pickups. So replacing them is not a problem more of like a routine. Oh and nice choice of a guitar.

Thanks, so you think I should change the pups?
^ Breeds would prolly be better, thats what vai uses in his basswood Jems..

Possibly TZ/PAF PRO and then a blue velvet or something for the single coil
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Breeds would prolly be better, thats what vai uses in his basswood Jems..

Possibly TZ/PAF PRO and then a blue velvet or something for the single coil

Could you provide links?
well you can play whatever you want on it, but the pickups and your amp will determine how good it sounds in each style.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
^ Much more so the amp.

LIke said, guitar really doenst matter, its the amp.

The ibanez is very versatile, being the best shred guitar out there, and play other styles as well. It really is a remarkable guitar. I just wish ibanez would put good stock pikcups in them. That disapoints me.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator