the next amp i would love to get is a vintage marshall superlead 100, or anything of that sort in the marshall section. ive always wanted one. but, have you looked at the prices of those things? theyre upwards of 2k for just a stinkin 30 year old head!!!!! i just wonder, how do all of you guys afford this stuff? cause if theres an easier solution than waiting 3-4 years saving money, id really love to know what it is.
I think people who can afford that are probably established musicians or have rich parents.
Here is a list of what you should do.

1. Get a job.
2. Open a bank account that gives you interest.
3. Save, save, save.

Good luck on getting that $2k equipment. Saving is your best friend, and sometimes vintage is better
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
its called working and making money

im 19, live with my parents, nailed a 18/hr job.

put in 50 hours a week for about a month netted me an american strat.

thats pretty much how it goes for me at least.
Well I'm 17 and I have a 1959 Marshall SLP 100 watt BUT I had a friend who is an amp tech get the marshall skematic and build it for me, getting parts at cost and what not. It ended up being $1500 CAD, which I paid for myself. Its not about waiting for 3 or 4 years, its about having a job and not having to pay rent/taxes/food/for a car/for school. I can make enough money for something like that in approimately a month and a half, and I don't even work 40 hours a week (and I make minimun wage.

You can't just sit around and whine about not having decent gear, who have to seek out good deals. I bought a 1993 Fender neck, pickups, machine heads, all the hardware for $100, and then bought a swamp ash body off ebay for $125. I've had ppl offer me $1500 or more for it, and I've yet to play a nicer guitar.

I HATE buying new guitars and gear. Theres basically no point to it. Look for used stuff thats in decent condition, it'll be maybe half the price or less.

And they aren't "just stinkin 30 year old heads", they sound amazing I guess I got lucky with being friends with this guy, but still. Be patient, and keep a really good eye out for a deal. Good luck
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by vampwizzard
its called working and making money

im 19, live with my parents, nailed a 18/hr job.

put in 50 hours a week for about a month netted me an american strat.

thats pretty much how it goes for me at least.

its called making money, thats the key? jeez how very informative. i never knew it was that simple. thats great that your 19. thats my biggest issue. i just turned 15, and the 5 places i turned my app into havnt called me yet. i want to start investing before i have to start paying for car/gas/insurance and all the other good stuff. im certainly not whining, thats what the whole point of the thread was, to seek out strategies to get your hands on good stuff. ill definately keep my eye out on ebay, but for now i guess ill just hope that the gigs keep coming up, and the nice old people still pay good for mowing lawns.