alright, i found some decent second hand guitars in a strat shape for 110 bucks canadian...and they are in mint shape...so once i get the money im goign ot buy one and do my zebra paintjob on it, should i sand off the brand and do they same job on the front of the headstock too?...or do the whole headstock all around?...or not touch it?...and should i paint the pickguard too?...or just leave it white...and if i did paint the pickguard, what kind of paints would i use to paint on plastic?...but match a glossy black/white auto paint?

thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

ya it would look cool with the rest of the guitar. but why zebra?
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
i jsut like the black and white stripes, and one night i was looking around my room and my skateboard has a nice black and white zebra paintjob on it, so i was like "wow thats nice" so then i did a few examples and **** on ksaka guitars...and it looks really nice, so i decided that i would do that as my project, its also unique too
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

sounds good, i think it would look cool with the same zebra job...and taht way i dont have ot put a name on the headstock either..w00t...should i jsut do the front of it?...or all around

EDIT:...and for pics, i wont be able ot get any up for along time because 1) i have to get the rest of my Austin paid off (76 bucks, ill have that done this weekend)2)then i will have to work up 110 bucks again to buy the second cheap guitar..which will take me 2-4 weeks im guessing...and then that will leav me with about a month or so to play with it until school starts again...and i cant get pics up also because i dont have a digi cam, but when i go to my grandmothers ill take some pics with the webcam and post them up on here

by the way, does anyone know what wood a cheaper samick is made out of?...all it says is "samick" on the headstock, its in a tobbacco burst color...(i think)...unfinished maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 3 single coil pickups..or i could get a jay turser with the same specs, but Grover tuners...w00t!...i wish i had money to get a decent guitar.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Jun 28, 2006,
^yeah ive used the kisakae thing to make a strat, then i put the stripes on with a permanent marker, and it looks ****ing nice, i didnt do the headstock though...but im sure that will look great too...and i searched up "Zebra Guitar" on google and only one guitar came up i think, and it was a telecaster...and it was just straight lines, not really curvy zebra things..there was another one, but i like my idea more...
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

ZOMGZ, ok, i am pretty sure that i found a picture of the samick guitar...and i will get a picture of the jay Turser...they are both the same price...and i dont know what either of the bodies are made out of

LinkZ for Samick!http://images.google.ca/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=Samick+Strat+Copy

(its the second one with the rosewood fretboard)

the JT!http://www.jayturser.com/jt_electric1.htm

its the JT-300

and yes i relalize that both are pretty much utter ****, but its something for customizing and having fun with...and i dont think they sound tha that bad either, i have to try them out this weekend.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

SWEET. ok, im getting my sexy Austin tomorrow morning (the good one, not the one for customizing)...so that means that i will have that out of the way, and can start to save for the one for customzing, by the end of July im guessing i will have quite a bit over 110 bucks depending on how many hours i work...but it should come together nicely and i should have it dune before the end of summer...ill be sure ot make another thread when i start the customization
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn