My case is Hugemongous, It's almost as tall as me and it is starting to rip at the bottom because I can't carry very long because it has an uneven weight. BTW its a Epiphone Thunderbird so one side of my case is in the air and the other side drags. I'm short to the extreme too so that makes everything worse.
the usual size. well, the size they usually come in
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Well yeah im sorry if they all come in usually one rectangle size I thought they might come in different shapes like they shape of the bass or smaller depending on if the bass is a short scale or something or if some of them come in different weight depending on the company that sells them...
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by findingmyway
Well yeah im sorry if they all come in usually one rectangle size I thought they might come in different shapes like they shape of the bass or smaller depending on if the bass is a short scale or something or if some of them come in different weight depending on the company that sells them...

its a gig bag should have said.

Quote by metaldud536

Its not a gig bag...
mines a gig bag i meant

Quote by metaldud536

you are confusing me a lot...
I have a kind if bag that I hold my bass in when carrying it to school, is that a case?
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
I have a kind if bag that I hold my bass in when carrying it to school, is that a case?

that's a gigbag
is a case the hard things used for acoustic guitar usually?

edit: that buskers use on streetcornersand such to hold the money that they get?
Last edited by 4string-tsurigi at Jun 29, 2006,
well I have a gig bag for my acoustic bass and a case for my electric so idk
I used to have one of those rectangular cases, but they were really bulky to use on public transport. I then found this really light one which is great for public transport, very litte bulk. But it was too flimsy and broke at the seams.

I now own a hardshell Hiscox one. But that is really bulky. Next week, I shall be having two band rehearsals on monday 10-6 & 6-9, and then working throughout the week 9-5, and having gigs all over London on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Since I'll be using public transport, I think I'll be using my soft case.

Tp the threadmaster, don't worry about damage. It's a hardcase and is meant to take abuse!
I've never owned a case, never had need for one. I carry all my basses around naked. To every gig, across states, I've never used a case...ever. My basses have a few dings and scratches on them, but it doesn't bother me as long as they sound good. I'll be going on a two mont tour next summer, and I still don't plan on taking a case.
What's with all the case confusion? It's either a hard or a soft case.

Got a standard Fender gig bag for my P, and the standard Musicman one for my Stingray. Neither too heavy/awkward/problematic in any way!
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Quote by Nikklaus
What's with all the case confusion? It's either a hard or a soft case.

Got a standard Fender gig bag for my P, and the standard Musicman one for my Stingray. Neither too heavy/awkward/problematic in any way!

some people(mainly me) are stupid on the subject.
Quote by Bumper
I've never owned a case, never had need for one. I carry all my basses around naked. To every gig, across states, I've never used a case...ever. My basses have a few dings and scratches on them, but it doesn't bother me as long as they sound good. I'll be going on a two mont tour next summer, and I still don't plan on taking a case.

Thats what Jaco did.

I guess thats one way to relic it.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
I have a really cheap silverstone gigbag... But i don't take the thing out of my house. When I do decide to venture out with it, I'll be sure to go buy a case for it.
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
I use an Ibanez gig bag for my Ibanez and a Gator Hardcase for my Italia.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
I need a case for my bass.

I think I'll write a song about it.
gig bag = soft bag in the shape of a bass
case = hard shell, rectangular.

i hav a standard gig bag from my music store, its better than those thin flimsy ones. hasnt worn down anywhere.

shut up you ***, try deluxe gig bags, they run about the same as a hardshell case but are pretty tough and light.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Road-Runner-Premium-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=541332