Im planning to buy a new guitar in the future but im not sure what im after

The 2 main options are an Ibanez RG prestige
or
A Gibson SG Special in All Black

I play Metal/Screemo/Death Metal but i already have an Ibanez.
I like the wizard neck but tremelo's do my nut in

what does everyone else think??

xchrisx
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I think you can get RG prestiges without a trem, but I'm not sure, I'd check their website, as for the SG as far as I'm aware they're pretty damn good, although I'm not sure how they'd sound for your music styles, and the neck is definitely a hell of a lot bigger than an ibanez wizard. As everyone says round here, go try 'em out and find out for yourself what you prefer.
SG specials are a bit meh... in my opinion. Any gibson below a standard (or maybe a LP studio) isn't really that good. At all.

Yes, RG prestiges do come with fixed bridges. They also have thick carved maple tops. Lemme find a pic for you.

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RGA321F

There you go. The RGA series have fixed bridges. There's two of them. Looks pretty good to me. The bridge itself is awsome.

EDIT: in case anyone cares, I think that guy from Shadows Fall uses a RGA121. Enough reason to get one.
Last edited by sashki at Jun 28, 2006,
I own an SG Special in all black and even though it's not a high end guitar I still love it. It's a great guitar for the price you pay. I play music kind of like you do so I can say it will work for all those styles, but some of that depends on your amp and effects. Also, there's not much difference between the SG Special and Standard other that the looks (yes I know there are other differences, but no major ones). The SG SPecial is a good guitar to upgrade too since it's good enough to handle the upgrade but bad enough to warrant it.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Ibanez make great quality guitars for under $1,000. I wouldn't buy a Gibson for under $1,000. So if your budget is $1,000, dont go for a Gibby just because of the name, but then again, you may like an SG. Go to a local shop, try somem Ibanez guitars out, and try some Gibsons that are in your price range.
I did have my eye on the RGA121 actually but the colours are gay

i would have to get the violing flat version not the natural
but i love the look of SG's

grrrrrr

xchrisx
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
What about an ESP Viper? It's more suited for metal, has cool finishes...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
SG Specials are garbage. Sorry, but I've got to be honest. They're low quality guitars with "Gibson" on the headstock. They're $400 overpriced thanks to that name. I've tried them out, and tried to like them as well, but I just can't. SG Standards are great, but the SG Specials are just bad. You can get guitars that are worlds better for less than what they cost.

I recommend that you go with the Ibanez or check out the ESP Viper series like dead-fish suggested.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

SIG'D