Im looking for a Tube amp. I wont be getting it soon, since this summer, all my work money will go towards an RG1570, and maybe some new pups. So im looking for a great amp to compliment it, probably next summer. I want something Tube, since I have a great SS amp. I need something that I could gig with in the future. Something that is good for a Satriani/Vai tone, but can also get classic rock and good cleans. Budget is $1,000, preferably under that.

Thanks in advance
Doesn't Satriani use a JSX? Try one of those out.

Try out a Marshall JCM900 or something versitile like that too.

If it was me in your position, I'd go to a shop and try a load of amps out to see what suited you best.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'd suggest changing your budget to be honest- either cut it to around $700 and make do with a traynor ycv50 blue + an overdrive pedal (i haven't tried it by the way, from what i hear, though, it's good) or else save a little more and maybe get an engl screamer, peavey xxx, mesa f series, or similar...

oh, and i second what rhcp says- try everything you can! you may hate stuff that we like...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The JSX is 120 Watt, and ive heard that the cab. has to match, and I cant find any 120 Watt cabs.

The only other problem, is that the JSX is $1,300

Can the head run by itself, or does it require a cab?
^Aren't there any combos?

Maybe you could look used(but still might be too much)?

And yea, a head does require a cab.
Don't be afraid to care"

the cab has to match in impedance (ohms), not wattage- and the jsx probably can be set to several impedances. the wattage of the cab just has to be larger than the wattage of the head, to avoid blowing the speakers.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I suggest the B-52 AT series. I played the 2-12 combo yesterday and it took everything I played and just destroyed it man. Great overdrive, Killer Cleans, 3 channels. I really Liked the Tri-mode rectifier to. I would consider the AT series one of the best kept secrets in the tube amp catagory. Heck you cant beat that its only 700 bucks new either and cheaper if you can find a used one.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by R_H_C_P
Doesn't Satriani use a JSX? Try one of those out.
"'

...the JSX is Satriani's signiture amp...

And tell me TS, what kind of guitar do you have now? Because Id get a new amp before a new axe because the amp will make more of a tonal difference then a guitar.

not-so-good guitar>JSX=sounds good
good guitar>not-so-good amp=still sounds like a not-so-good amp

IMO.

[edit] nvm. with your set-up now, i think an amp is way more important then a guitar.
^Right.

Threadstarter, look on eBay for a used JSX combo.

And try one out in a shop before you buy too, even if you're buying off eBay.
Don't be afraid to care"