So, for the past year or so, i've been wanting a sitar, as I think its pretty awesome. I don't we're going to visit Pakistan anytime soon or anything, so i've asked my friend if she can grab one when she goes, but if that doesn't work....

I might get myself an electric sitar. But I need some advice on them...

Has anyone had any good experiences with them? Has anyone compared them to original (average quality I guess) sitars?

Thanks!
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
yes i too have really been looking to buy a sitar for some reason. I think that if you have a larger enough Indian community in the city u might find some sort of stores that sell them or import them. But yea id like to find out more about these electric sitars u talk about.
Gib·son: noun. A dry martini garnished with a small pickled onion.
Quote by GreekGuitarist
yes i too have really been looking to buy a sitar for some reason. I think that if you have a larger enough Indian community in the city u might find some sort of stores that sell them or import them. But yea id like to find out more about these electric sitars u talk about.

Those stores aren't too good if you ask me. I mean, you could buy one for around $300, if theres an indian community near you, but they aren't good quality.

The good ones are usually family heirlooms and such, dating years back.

I found an electric sitar from Agile:

http://www.rondomusic.net/sitar.html

And there are LOTS more if you google it up. I just don't get those 13 sympathetic strings I keep seeing on most electric sitars....
Sitar is extremly difficult to play.... i think its got like 3D fretboard instead of 2D like on the guitar... look for the sitar guitar on www.musiciansfriend.com its awsome.... check out Steve Vai - Freak Show Excess the song features that very guitar which goes at an awsome price
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him
(")_(") on his way to world domination
Quote by mrbreeze
Rogue makes one as well, from Musician's Friend
I saw it in their catalog, but couldn't find it on the web site

I found it here: http://www.gotthebeat.com/r/Rogue/Rogue_STR_1_Pro_Electric_Sitar_Guitar_519273.htm

Ah yes this is the one I saw long ago...

Doesn't look bad, but I still don't get how you get that nice sound from a real sitar off these...