Okie, so have an extra £10....and after i heard the song "Monster" by the automatic, i thought the album might be worth a listen...
Its AMAZING. I love their sound! Anyone else agree? Im yet to meet another fan...

franz xxx
That guy who shouts has the weirdest voice ever. And it sounds exactly the same live O_o

I've only heard Monster. But it's a really good song.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
the 'shouty' guy. is just ridiculously ****.

i shouldn't like this band, i hear their songs and know that all the vocal lines all the melodies everything is just really benal. But i just seem to like this band. Monster has some of the best guitar lines i've heard in a while.

god kill me
Quote by bobjewell87
the 'shouty' guy. is just ridiculously ****.

Completely. That's the reason I can't stand them. Can't get past the absolute idiot they have in the band, but then if they got rid of him they'd just be another standard/boring band, so its a lose lose situation.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
errr....his name is pennie [no i havnt watched ANY interviews!!]
Hes awesome man!!! He brings some sort of twisted originality to the automatic...
Quote by calvinthecanadi
I'm now an official Franzaholic.

Meep is a word.
Use it.
... but he sounds horrible.

I saw their video for Monster today on the Box.

Not a good thing to have a video on the box.
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
^ Well, it did get to number two in the charts, so it's there by default really.

But I agree with the, well, shouty man being crap. I was tempted to forgive them for that, then I saw them on the Album Chart Show, and he was shite.
Pennie [aka:shouty guy] ain't crap. Can you scream THAT high piched, in a welsh accent, while playing the keyboard and looking like a freak??? At the same damn time!?? EH???
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
Quote by franz.d.
Pennie [aka:shouty guy] ain't crap. Can you scream THAT high piched, in a welsh accent, while playing the keyboard and looking like a freak??? At the same damn time!?? EH???

Why would anyone want to? I think we've come to the conclusion that it sounds sh*t...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i might try and give them a chance, but i hate that bloody song 'monster'. i hear it everywhere and i cant stand it.
The screaming guy reminds me of a wannabe Johnny Whitney.

I don't really like this band either.
I like the 'shouty guy', I think he adds that special something. Monster is a good song, but I've not heard any others besides a cover of 'Gold Digger' (Originally done by Kanye West), on Radio One's live lounge. I want to hear it again but I can't find it to download. But from what I've heard I like them.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
the first time i heard monster, i just thought 'what the...'. it was crazy. it was horrible. the automatic is a horrible horrible band with a horrible horrible yelper.
rites of nothing.
Okie well THANKYOU to the one guy who thought they were good
And to the rest. No arguemnet. fair enough haha. I love wee shouty guy pennie, hes well awesome <--- kind of like that

franz x
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
I saw them on Jools Holland I think it was, and it was actually quite amusing to see the 'yelper' running around the stage. I think as far as that kind of voice goes, he's not exactly stunning, but without that there, it'd be very difficult to distinguish them from the mutlitude of catchy indie-pop bands currently in circulation. Here in Wales it's kind of a sin to not like them, the Welsh are probably as proud of them as they were of FFAF and Lostprophets in the old days. They're alright though. I've only considered buying the album because it seems to be 7 quid everywhere I go. I wouldn't pay full price. 'Monster' is okay but probably one of the most repetitive songs I have ever heard.
They are cool.

Im trying to go and see them on teh 11th.

edit:

ah man, sold out.
From what ive heard there pretty damn good................the album might be rubbish though......id download some song's off of limewire to be on the safe side
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Hmm, as far as what else is around at the minute goes, they're pretty good I'd say, I don't like the shoutedf vocals either, but you can't have it all anymore which is a shame

I first heard them when Jo Whiley was raving about them (and REALLY raving about them), and then I later heard that her sister or something was thier co-manager.

What a strange coincidence, eh?

Oh yeah, Monster's great, cool video to go with it.
wooooooooo. Cool. Yeah pennie isnt to everyones taste but i love em.
And...they are sold out...????

oh, OH no...

franz x
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
oooooh crud. Hope glasgow doesnt sell out too >=[
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
i quite like monster in a kind of catchy pop tune way, not really heard much else, other than raoul (sp?) which was fairly boring.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
ahrgh.............eeeeeeeehhhhh.........i love em =]
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
yeah its cool in monster. But if itd bother you otherwise then dont buy the album, because he tends to take yelping solos.
Which personally i like...but hey..
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
Im Going To See Them =o =o =o !!!!
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
i love the automatic, i saw them last october supporting the kooks and fell in love with 'monster'. i like pennie's inane yelping, adds a touch of variety to their music, which is no bad thing. Seeing the automatic again on 6th August at Electric Gardens, cnt wait
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Bah, I had a chance to see them, but hadn't got into them quick enough, so they're now sold out. And that yelping is great! I love bands who aren't completely serious. Ok Go is another example.
I liked monster from the second I heard it, I think that the yelping sound works well with the trebley guitars. Unfortunately it does little to spice up the rest of their rather bland album.
At last.....someone who likes them. Im going to see them October 9th. Im so excited. I was jelous cuz my friend saw them at T inthepark
And apparently pennie lost his microphone, which was rather amusingly not shown on TV =D
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
It's weird: I really love Monster and Raoul, but when you start listening to more of them you notice that all the choruses are the same, all the backing vocals are the same, and that they're just constantly repeating the same formula. For the time being I love them ( ), but I know that I'll be bored of them in about a month
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Ooooft yeah. Sometimes you listen to the album and get songs confused because they are all following the same formula mostly =/
But then pennie takes a screaming solo and its like...................weirddddd...........................
I think raoul is the best song they have.
Monster just has the catchy factor.
Quote by calvinthecanadi

Meep is a word.
Use it.
antomatic are awsome. pennie is gr8 sorta sound like the guy outa testicicles
Quote by dead_kennedy
the first time i heard monster, i just thought 'what the...'. it was crazy. it was horrible. the automatic is a horrible horrible band with a horrible horrible yelper.

The Shouty Yelper guy aint sh*it

He also Plays the synthesiser and has borderline tourettes (according to NME)
i coouldnt shout like that in a high pitched welsh voice. The are also good songs on the album like raoul and rats. Raoul sounds like you have heard it before but u haven't . STRANGE