Does any of you guys and galls have any idea how a spring reverb works? I see a wire coming in on one end of the spring and leaving on the other. If the signal is fed through the spring, I can imagine a massive magnetic field being generated around this thight wound coil, increasing resistance to the current going through it. When this spring starts to bounce, the properties of the coil, the magnetic field and the resistance go into a bouncing mode also, thereby modulating the signal through the amp. Is this speculation right, is it incomplete or is there a wholly different process at work?
I really like to know for this spring reverb is the only part amidst all these uncomprehensible electronical divises that looks halfway mechanical to me and I hate it that the working principle of it eludes me.
Thanks in advance.
you've basically got a little speaker type thing (just the electronic part, instead of the cone you have the springs) that shakes the springs that add the revebryness (and its not just springs, studios once used plate reverb where they hard large metal plates that shook about)

and on the other end you have a pickup type thing that picks that back up and sends it on forward (you usually need to amplify the signal a bit again as the volume of the signal is lost through all this)
i believe a signal is sent through it, much like you said, and another around it, and they're combined. i think...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!