Okay...

I have a Kahler Flyer tremelo on my guitar. Great. But I don't have the fine tuners or locking nut to go with it. This means 2 problems:

Hard to string bend (Trem goes down as I bend up)
Goes out of tune alot

Well, it fits straight on to the guitar, which menas I dont know how to lock it down. The springs are on the trem and it simply fits in a cavity on the guitar.
Is there any way I can lock it down so it doesn't move? I don't wanna get a Kahler fixed bridge (They cost a bomb)

SECOND PROBLEM
I have fret buzz on the 4th string. This only started when I changed the strings. Could this be the strings or the trem?

HELP PLEASE! Thanx.
try using a metal file and filing down your 4th fret a lil, it might be too high
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC2005
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Well for starters, get the part for the tremelo that you don't have. As for the fret buzz, I can't see the guitar to tell what the problem is and if you can't tell what it is, you need to get someone to tell you.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
The trem is Cam Based. The parts for the trem would cost a bomb, and I change tunings alot. I love the plam muting though, so I wanna lock it down.
Well if you're not willing to spend the money, you're going to have problems. That's the way life is, it sucks.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Knowing what guitar you're playing would be helpful. Some guitars don't stay in tune very well, but it's probably because of the tremelo. And you said you changed the strings, did you stretch the strings when you put them on?
Yeah I did. Its a Aria Pro II Knight Warrior (Made In Japan). Could I block the trem using a wood block in the cavity?
maybe buy a tremol-no.

and maybe ur buzzing because u changed string gauge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
maybe buy a tremol-no.

and maybe ur buzzing because u changed string gauge.

wont exactly work since this is a kahler not a floyd rose
yeah i wasnt sure.

thought it could lock it down. i think they said its good on most types of trems.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
yeah i wasnt sure.

thought it could lock it down. i think they said its good on most types of trems.

yeh but the springs are on the bottom of the trem i think
Its old, so its a bit unstable, could do wit being a little smoother. I want it locked so it doesnt move.
ever thought of buying the locking nut
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 30, 2006,
well then ya shoulda done your homework... the Kahler is made to be locked down... and is a fairly complex and expensive piece to maintain... take it into a tech to rework the unit... and the bridge should move forward when you bend...
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
I know the bridge should move foward, but should it really make it so hard to bend? I know I should have done homework, but I was just desperate to have the guitar lol
lol,i just found out that Kirk Hammett uses my guitar as a warm up guitar before shows. Cool!
nah i havent yet. Alhtough it now stays in tune. It seems to take ages for the strings to "settle in" but that may be bcause they r crap strings.
some ****ty brand (Gt a load cheap) I put them oon about 1 month ago but havent played much (guitar ban) so i think that is why.
By the way, a question that we have always wanted to find out, can a Kahler trem shift a pitch upwards?
well thats the good thing, but set up is certainly different also mate how crazy can you go with the bridge