What do all of you amp experts think of the Marshall AVT50? Are they about the same as the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT's? Would it be a good amp if I could get a great deal on it?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I have never played one, but from what the people here on UG say, they are just as bad as the MG. And im pretty sure that they arent close to the Vox at all.
they are better than the mg- people just enoy bashing it because it isn't all tube. The Vox is better- apparently.
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
If you could get a *great* deal, go for it.

But they're not anything like Vox hybrids. The AVT has a tube in the preamp, so it has more "natural" preamp gain, and the Vox has a tube in the poweramp, for more "natural" poweramp breakup.
I have the 50 watt valvetronix, i am vey impressed with it, and i would say most ugers would also pick the vox over the marshall. And generally the lowerend marshalls dont compare to the higher end marshalls such as the jcm;s
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
The *great* deal would be trading in my MG and then paying ~$20. Thanks to MF clearancing them.

Think it's worth it? Or should I just stick with my MG for now?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yeah, go for it.

...actually...

What else would be in the price range, then?
Oh my god. Sorry for spamming but this thread just highlights exactly what UG is turning into. "Apparantly" this is better, "most UGers would pick this", "From what people on UG say...".

It's ridiculous guys. If you've got an accurate opinion of an amp, i.e. you own it/have owned it/played on it, what's the point in posting?

[/rant]

Oh, and for what it's worth, I haven't played an AVT but I've played on a Vox AD50VT and it was nice. Decent sounding amp models - and plenty of them. Decent enough effects, etc.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
That's about it. I buy from a local store that's a Marshall dealer. The other stores pretty much just carry crap amps. Like crate. Or none at all. Plus, they're all ass holes. I only shop at the one store because the guys who work there are nice and actually honest.

So, basically, upgrade to the AVT50 for $20, or stick with the MG until I upgrade to a tube amp.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by SamDking
Oh my god. Sorry for spamming but this thread just highlights exactly what UG is turning into. "Apparantly" this is better, "most UGers would pick this", "From what people on UG say...".

It's ridiculous guys. If you've got an accurate opinion of an amp, i.e. you own it/have owned it/played on it, what's the point in posting?

[/rant]

Oh, and for what it's worth, I haven't played an AVT but I've played on a Vox AD50VT and it was nice. Decent sounding amp models - and plenty of them. Decent enough effects, etc.

I know. I also ignored those posters and listened to the one who knows what the f*ck he's talking about (danno).
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
haha

Well, how much money are we talking about here? Honestly, I don't think the AVT would be such a massive leap up- but then again, it's just $20. PM Dave, see what he has to say about it (he owns an AVT).

Eh... man, this is a tough one.
I've played that AVT and hated it, but for 20$ its at least a tad better than your MG. Go for it and then save for a tube. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
$20 is a great price to upgrade from an MG to an AVT. They aren't the best amps in the world, but for $20 it will improve your tone a fair bit, and you'll be able to get rid of that horrible, fake and buzzy sounding distortion.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
I was just looking at it because it was a good deal. My MG is still mint, so I doubt the store owner would have a problem buying it back for what I paid for it...And they have an AVT50 in stock now. I'd have to do it right away because the sale on Musician's Friend is only for 3 more days.

Oh, as for the money, the AVT50 is $400 on MF. I think they usually go for ~$500, don't they?

I'll PM Dave and see what he has to say on it.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
if you can do the swap for $20, you might as well, I'd say.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok, thanks Dave!

By the way, what do you think of yours?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ pretty shitty, but it's better than an MG. as long as you use it for cleans or classic rock, it's alright (if not spectacular). it's the hard rock and metal tones that sound a bit, well, sterile and crap. and way too bass-heavy and muddy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Would they be ok with a distortion/overdrive pedal? I don't play any hard rock or metal, more "mid-gain" stuff. I'm going to look into it tomorrow and give it a good test run. I'll be sure to post if I upgrade.

Thanks again.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Well is ther any chance you can get either a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix. If you say yes then get those. Teh AVT's i kinda meh, you can get some Ok tones out of it. Less worse than an MG though.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
No. No chance at all. Like I said, the only reason I'm looking at doing this is because it would only be about $20 more to upgrade to the AVT thanks to the sale on MF.

Otherwise I would just be sticking with the MG until I upgrade to a full-tube amp.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'd say go for it since I own an AVT100 and it's not bad. Plus, you're only paying $20. If you can, try out the AVT and see if it's that much better than your MG50DFX. If so, for the price it will be worth it and won't put a dent in any future upgrading.
the avt is fine with pedals through the clean channel. But the sound cuts out etc if you try to boost the overdrive channels.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i own a avt50 head with avt412a cab and i love the thing. i also have a vox ac15 and in terms of sound i think the avt is a good buy. tube amps are quite expensive and from experiance truly require care, attention, and maintence. for 20 bucks would jump on that the mg sucks compared to the avt. does the mg have celestions in it ?

i have also seen threads were people recommend mesa and all tube amps that cost alot of money. but if you got the money dont buy a avt, get a mesa or jcm or something.
I decided to pass on the AVT50 for now. The single tube just isn't worth me having to go buy a delay and chorus pedal. I use the effects too much on my MG to get rid of them, so for now, I'm just going to stick with my MG and upgrade later.

If the AVT50 still had the effects on it, I would go for it, but since it doesn't, it isn't for me right now.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Is it worth waiting an extra month to get money for an ad120vt instead ov an avt150x?
Quote by mikb
Is it worth waiting an extra month to get money for an ad120vt instead ov an avt150x?

i dont know ? go play them and decide for yourself. i remember before the internet you would go to the music store and play them first.
If you could get a great deal, get one, and sell it for profit, that's it.

I've played an AVT100, it was crap, really tinny and thin sounding.
And I've played an Vox ADVT 30 and 15, and I loved them, really nice sounding.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Get the ad120 instead!! It's a much better amp. I nearly bough one a while ago, and it destroys any avt tonewise and is extremely flexible.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.