I was watchin vh1 the other day, and they had a music video of pearl jam playing "world wide suicide" for their storytellers show. In the beginning their lead singer/rhythm guitaris put (i think) a magnet wrapped in cloth (i think) over his pickups. It made a bizzare noise, and i was wondering if it might damage something before I try to do it. Can't find a video of it anywhere. (there might be, i'm not good with computers).
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
How many of these threads are you gonna make?

It could've been an Ebow.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
oh, ur right its probably an ebow, but do you think if i put a magnet next to pickups it would make a sound? would it damage it? oh, and young pilgrim, i'll make as many of these threads as i damn well please (no offense)
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
Quote by shredmeiser101
oh, ur right its probably an ebow, but do you think if i put a magnet next to pickups it would make a sound? would it damage it? oh, and young pilgrim, i'll make as many of these threads as i damn well please (no offense)

I'm just saying that you could have put all of these into one thread and avoided spamming the forum with questions that could be answered with a quick google.

You could put a magnet next to the pickups, but I'm not sure if it create any sound. Keep in mind that the pickup is also a magnet.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Eddie Van Halen put a electric drill next to his pups for an interesting sound.

Remote controls (push the buttons) are cool too
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
he always has, but just a tiny bit, so its just i gimmick i think....but i love pj.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
really, you can make a noise with a remote? please explain
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
As a matter of fact i saw that video just last night and was wondering the same thing....
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP