ok, i'm looking for a new amp. I've got a behringer 212 and i don't like it that much cause the cleans suck and it isn't really loud enough. I want a tube amp but i'm open to other amps as well. I would prefer not to have an amp with really many inbuilt effects wich still suck.
-I can spend up to 800 but would really much like it to keep it under 500.
-I play classic rock, blues, hard-rock and some punk and metal (not much)
-I own a epiphone les paul studio goth, and after i've bought the amp i'm buying a new guitar.
-I'm not that good on guitar yet but i'm playing about 3 hours a day so it's getting better, I can play rhythm guitar quite well and improvise solo better than my friends wich are the same age.
-I may also buy some kind of distortion pedal for this amp. (ds1, ds2, tubescreamer or something)
-i'm ordering from europe
I've got one suggestion and that would be the peavey valveking 212 combo.
http://www.thomann.de/thoiw3_peavey_valve_king_212_prodinfo.html
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443
Hmmm....Europe eh? Well, I'm not as familiar with amps and things over there, although, you might be able to get an ENGL Thunder 50 Combo for around 800. Other tube combos like the Laney TT50, Vox AC30CC, Laney LC50-II, ect. Peavey's are overpriced over there, and Valvekings aren't that great, so I'd suggest going with one of the amps mentioned. Also, if you tell us what styles you play, it will make it easier to recommend amps.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
What's the currency? Pounds, dollars or euros?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
^ agreed. 800 pounds = good to very good amp. 800 euro = average to good amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dude i have that amp you have now, and it sounds better than any other solid state that i have ever heard. behringers stuff is way underrated and while the built in effects i particularly have no use for, are good for recording. though i cant say the same for live work. i run mine stereo through a peavey cabinet with sheffields, and it is plenty loud for any gig. its not a high gain amp, but if you keep in mind that it has the config mode when the last 2 preset buttons are pressed simultaneously there is basically a whole different output and eq stage. another thing to keep in mind is that the cab simulations are lame and you should run it in L2 mode, or just use the "-" cab simulation and it sounds as close to a tube amp that any solid state ever will.
Quote by nic_2090
Also, if you tell us what styles you play, it will make it easier to recommend amps.

I did tell you what styles

and i'm buying in euro, here I can get the valveking for 500 ?
^ iron maiden: metal.

Black sabbath: metal.

Nile: metal.

Killswitch engage: (arguably) metal- at least, their tone is.

Megadeth: metal.

Metallica (old): metal

Metallica (new) metal.

All those have vastly differing tones.

Now tell us what music you play!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
valve king is the best for lower gain stuff, what kind of metal are you playing, the valveking will own for blues and classic rock, it's just if you have your heart set on playing a particular metal song you mgiht need an overdrive.
if you don't play much metal (and what you do isn't too modern/heavy), I'd say the VK should be fine...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?