Does any one know how green day get that extra " crunch " in bullet in a bible i can get close bu need something to get the that extra sound

Any ideas

Cheres
There are many ways to acheive more crunch.

Distortion pedal.

Turn up guitar volume.

Boost pedal.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

And, for the record, Green Day blows.
Billie Joe's Marshall is modded. That's where that comes from.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
baked cookies...nobody asked for ur opinion. He just wanted to know how to get a certain sound. People like u piss me (and others) off.
The Walking Dead
people like you piss me off waffle.....he answered the question....just added his opinion as an 'afterthought'.... infact he was very helpful in his answer, and very right in his opinion....isnt that what the internets for? spreading opinions among other things....if youd just not say anything then i wouldnt be wastin my time writin this..and the next person wouldnt be wastin his or her time arguing with me.....
^^ shut the fuk up...... Distortion pedal all the way.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
*sigh*

You people are morons. Quit bitching and just answer the question.

Topic creator, how Billie Joe Armstrong gets that sound is thanks to his modded Marshall Super Lead head and Les Paul Junior with a P-90. The combination is what gives it that sound. You can get fairly close by messing with EQ settings and possibly with pedals, but it won't be exact because it still comes down to the fact that his amp head is heavily modded.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
you could look up billie joe's rig and see what he uses to get that certain sound your looking for. that way youll get an idea as of what to buy or whatever to obtain the sound you want.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
It's mainly the amp, but yes, the pickups will affect the tone a bit. Not substantialy enough to really make a huge difference though.

I'm telling you. It's the modded Marshall Super Lead head. I've looked for info on it, but all I can find out is that it's heavily modded.

Like I said, mess around with the EQ on your amp a bit. You can get really close to the sound just by setting your EQ right.

Actually, I believe there is a specific set up in the ultimate settings thread for Billie Joe. Go try that and see what you think.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Don't cross post.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details