Hey all. I am trying to find the right cab to match the b-52 100 watt all tube head (AT100) I am getting. I really want Celestions in the cab. Everyone here seems to rave about them. Can't decide between vintage 30's or greenbacks. Also some of the Marshall cabs call thier speakers "custom voiced" whatever that means. Also does the manufacturer really matter if the cabinet construction is basically the same and the speakers are the same? I like that Eddie VanHalen/Slash/metal sound. I was also thinking about a Carvin legacy. Also what is the differance between a straight cab and a slanted one besides the obvious difference in shape. If you are only going to have a half stack should it be a straight or slanted cab or is it really just a matter of taste? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
if it's an MG or AVT cab, "custom voiced" means custom voiced to be as cheap (and crap) as possible.

what tones are you after?

and the manufacturer matters.

I think if you're going for a halfstack, angled spreads the sound upwards a little better, while straight has a bit more bass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
behringer cabs. i reccomend them to everyone. two of my frinds got them and lvoe them (so do i love mine as well) can handle 4x more power than ur conventional tube head so it handles 400 watts. the BG412H is CRAZY bass, (shakes my nutts and i onyl runa 15 watter thru it), really tight bass, very pristine high's and decent mids. If u turn your mids up on ur amp, it will sound buitiful, btu if u scoop your mids the voicing of the speakers wont compliment it and all you will hear is bass and treble, and you wont distinguish what your playing., aslong as u dont wscoop ur mids, thsi is the cab for you. its dirt cheap too. (430 CAD w/tax)
The BG412H does not have Celestions. I just checked. I am going for the Eddie Van Halen type sound. I really want a cab that has Celestions so I will feel like I have the best and won't feelthe need to upgrade later on. Thats why I am trying to figure out the differance between greenbacks and vintgage 30's
Quote by j120strat
get an ada split cab. its got 50 watt celestions.

What is ADA? I can't find it.
Quote by mrtgman
The BG412H does not have Celestions. I just checked. I am going for the Eddie Van Halen type sound. I really want a cab that has Celestions so I will feel like I have the best and won't feelthe need to upgrade later on. Thats why I am trying to figure out the differance between greenbacks and vintgage 30's

You're not gonna get EVH's tone with a B-52. But if you want to get closer, go with a Marshall 1960TV cab.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by mrtgman

just to point out, there are more good speaker manufacturers than celestion- eminence, tone tubby, jensen, fane, weber, etc., to name but a few. I haven't tried any other than celestion, but I'm sure those other ones are at least as good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Behringers have Jensens in them. Good quality speakers.

Just because something is inexpensive, doesn't make it rubbish.
V30's: very mid focused, sounds good with almost everything from metal to classic rock. All you need is a good cab.

Greenbacks (never used them, but my Buddy has): easy to drive into distortion, almost too easy, if you like speaker distortion these are the ones to get. Voice somewhat like a 30.

Mesa over sized would do you well, how much do you want to spend? Avatar, VHT, Vader, bogner, ENGL, Framous. Good stuff.
IMO Mesa Oversized are to flabby but the Mesa Standard are good cabs. you can sometimes find them on eBay for 500 if your lucky. Though IMO No cabs beat the top three.

Bogner Uberkab, Genz Benz G-Flex, ENGL XXL.

By far the three best cabs. but they are costly. Vader Cabs are up there in amazingness aswell

Oh and to Dave i have tried some of those other speakers. Eminence are really good speakers Vader puts them in their cabs great speakers. Jensen IMO suck, horrible they just plain sounded bad nowheres near as good as the celestions i like such as the Vintage 30s and G12T75s. The Sheffield speakers that Peavey puts in there 5150 cabs are really good too but they are just modeled after the Celestion G12T75
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Last edited by Syn Harvest at Jul 17, 2006,
Quote by Dave_Mc
just to point out, there are more good speaker manufacturers than celestion- eminence, tone tubby, jensen, fane, weber, etc., to name but a few. I haven't tried any other than celestion, but I'm sure those other ones are at least as good.

my stepdads cab had a 15" fane in it. it was amazing until my brother put a hole through the cone and the coil
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dyaxe666
behringer cabs. i reccomend them to everyone. two of my frinds got them and lvoe them (so do i love mine as well) can handle 4x more power than ur conventional tube head so it handles 400 watts. the BG412H is CRAZY bass, (shakes my nutts and i onyl runa 15 watter thru it), really tight bass, very pristine high's and decent mids. If u turn your mids up on ur amp, it will sound buitiful, btu if u scoop your mids the voicing of the speakers wont compliment it and all you will hear is bass and treble, and you wont distinguish what your playing., aslong as u dont wscoop ur mids, thsi is the cab for you. its dirt cheap too. (430 CAD w/tax)

do not get behringers. they have a tendancy to blow up. seriously.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt