I was just watching that Dragonforce video of Through The Fire And Flames and at about 25 seconds in, he (Herman Li) actually picks up the guitar by the trem alone and ti sounds pretty awesome but i'm surprised it didn't break. Like, would that cause any damamge if you did it alot or can they actually take it? Cause i've seen some other videos of like Steve Vai or Herman Li and they really put some pressure on their trems. That si an Edge Pro right?
would be a floyd rose i guess
they are big and expensive so they probs gotta be good for teh money
^ Dude please never post again.............. wtf did u even say?

Ok, threadstarter, answer = yes. Simple enough, right
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
isn't that a zr trem? li does use an ibanez s series guitar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i thought his gutiar was more like the 1570...but who cares...and ive seen him do that too, it sounds wicked...once i get my ****ty guitar im going ot try it..w00t..will anything happen if its not a floating trem?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

But his is some kind of custom shop thing? and I think he'd want something with a lot of travel for that stuff he does

edit: according to the offical website he's among his Ibanez Ss he's got an Ibanez S540 which I htink has got some form of Edge on it
^ i have no idea.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I saw Herman say in an interview that on the new album, he actually did that in a song and a string broke, but they still kept that part on that album. I want to hear that.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
zomgz i saw that interview too:O...yeah i want to hear it, anyone have a link?...is it a noticable thing?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Yeah, the strings will just snap (sometimes), my friend tried it and bent the actual arm
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Well, he probably has enough money to replace it if he brakes it. Kind of like Pete Townsend, although I remember seeing pictures of him repairing smashed up guitars because he couldn't afford anymore.
his guitar i thought was very light ,because it has a thin body. here look at the link http://www.ibanez.com/prestige/video.asp?v=HermanLi_Feature watch i think he says something like he likes the very thin body and does that move where he picks up the guitar by the whammy bar, he calls it the 'Break Your Guitar String' noise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUiQJc7ZMI (<- that is him showing his video game sounds and it shows him doing what the threadstarter is talking about towards the end if you dont know what he is talking about) lol watch the motorbike noise
Yeah those things are strong. The only risk of doing that would be breaking the strings the trem would definetly still be up and kicking.
hahahaha i had to re-read the title, then re-read your statment to understand that...and i suppose a vintage strat style trem cant handle the same kind of abuse as an edge pro, can it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

yes, as metaluptheass said, it sure can take a lot of abuse. It's even built so that if ALL the strings break, the trem hits a padded section in the cavity so nothing happens.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
^ The chances of all the strings breaking is near nil. Even if you pulled up until you hit the padded cushion ALL the strings won't break.

Not sure what you mean by abuse. All Ibanez trems definately hold up strong in terms of string breakage when do crazy pull up shit like Vai does during FTLOG on G3 with Johnson and Herman Li does (as would an Original Floyd). Btw, Herman's S540 was made like 10 years ago or something I believe (they had Lo-Pro edges on them.. I think?). He's been using it ever since and aparently it never shited out on him.

In terms of the bridges pivot points, the Edge is pretty good IMHO with surviving the wear caused by crazy whammy use.

The only place I find that the Edge lacks in abuse is the trem arm socket does get loose (but once fixed, it's very hard to get loose again) but that's easily fixed by taking out the trem and tightening the holder.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
yeah, but my example was for extreme situations. The only problem with abusing an edge pro is that it doesnt have the locking studs, so theres a chance it'll go out of tune. For a simple fix, contact rich at ibanezrules and buy his locking stud mod.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
Its the Ibanez S series with the ZR trem.

For the interview, go to youtube and search for Herman Li guitar effects, and at the end he tells you that the string is actually broken.

I have this cheap vintage model trem with a random trem arm, I also do all the Herman Li tricks, and i HEAVILY SERIOUSLY ABUSE every minute, literally, and it still comes out fine except maybe for some tuning. I constantly do crazy herman li tricks, sometimes even more extreme than that, I lift the guitar with the whammy bar, shake it all around non stop, windmill the whole guitar, and it still comes out fine, maybe except for sore muscles :P.