some1 who have tried a warlock? tell me if it's good or bad, i never tried a b.c rich before, but i think a green warlock could be cool.
oh, i more like a glam or punk guy. my cloth style is punk but i like glam and love to play both things, do u know about a good bass that are not for metal?
I'm not sure about basses, but I do know that all low-end B.C. Rich guitars are awful.

The high-end ones are actually decent guitars, but you can get a better guitar for cheaper.

I wouldn't recommend a B.C. Rich to anyone, unless I really, really hated them...
Quote by Vindication
I'm not sure about basses, but I do know that all low-end B.C. Rich guitars are awful.

The high-end ones are actually decent guitars, but you can get a better guitar for cheaper.

I wouldn't recommend a B.C. Rich to anyone, unless I really, really hated them...

aye the guitars are crap, but the high end basses are ok

punky guitar? Fender Precision
hehe, some1 here seen bobby dall the bassist in poison he have a green warlock it's real cool, but i don't know it's a good bass, and i think it's hard to get a warlock in green
Quote by Deliriumbassist
aye the guitars are crap, but the high end basses are ok

punky guitar? Fender Precision

Yeah, but I bet their low-end basses are crap as well.
yeah i gonna remember that when i buy a new bass, now i got a fender squire p-bass it sucks but a good bass to start with, think it's time for me to move to something better. thanks for tips guys
the general consensus: even if you have enough for a NJ series warlock (NJ is the only decent one i think), thers better basses for lower price.

which way are you thinking "glam/punk" in the image sense, or in the sound sense?

either way i'd get a bass with a punchy sound, a p-bass or p-bass copy.

maybe you could get a warlock shaped bass with p-bass pickups thats actually decent. but what do i know?
Quote by Vindication

B.C. are garbage, go with an ibanez before you go with the Rich.
apart from being an awful shape, theyre only good at the higher prices, and by then you've gone past so many brilliant basses cheaper than it.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
low end: the side of teh spectrum with the low quality and/or low price stuff.
high end: the side of the spectrum with high quality and/or high prices.

i dont know wtf "glam" is, but i got a feeling you'd like a fender mark hoppus signature p-bass, contrary to what the rest of the ppl here think, it'd probably suit you.
i bet you my conklin costs less than the high end warlocks, and i would bet $100 its a far superior bass.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
haha warlock is a funny name...

I think those basses are lame personally. I mean for the price you can get a way better bass that does look like it was designed by a guy with parkinson's disease.. :
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
Last edited by Felas_kevin at Jun 28, 2006,
seams like many of u guys don't like warlock, but almost everyone like fender or ibanez, but can some1 tell me name on some good basses?
some1 got a name on a good bass for glam/hair metal? if u don't know what hair metal is, it is poison and def leppard those kind of bands
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
some1 got a name on a good bass for glam/hair metal? if u don't know what hair metal is, it is poison and def leppard those kind of bands

a p-bass or a p-bass copy, as i said before, would be good for punk and glam metal.
Quote by mangablade
a p-bass or a p-bass copy, as i said before, would be good for punk and glam metal.

glam metal, you're looking at p/j basses, try the fender p bass deluxe, witha p and a j pickup.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
i have a fender p-bass copy and thtas good, so i think the real one is better, but fender deluxe are nice. i think i gonna try all the basses in the shop and take the best
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
hehe, some1 here seen bobby dall the bassist in poison he have a green warlock it's real cool, but i don't know it's a good bass, and i think it's hard to get a warlock in green

Poison is definatly been my fave band for a long time. Bobby yes mostly used a Green warlock bass most of the time with twin P-pickups, he also used Ironbirds and Mockingbirds. Also a couple of P-basses.

However to get the finished you want you have to go second hand and on ebay to get something, Just search for "bc-rich" and look around for warlock basses made in the 80's

For example

http://cgi.ebay.com/DASTARDLY-RED-B-C-RICH-WARLOCK-PLATINUM-SERIES-KOREA_W0QQitemZ200000858737QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I also plan to get http://cgi.ebay.com/80s-BC-Rich-Ironbird-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Orig-Japan_W0QQitemZ7418520225QQihZ016QQcategoryZ64401QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
in the next few days.

In the late 90's he starting using yahama BB series basses.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Last edited by Asomodai at Jun 29, 2006,
thanks, one guy in here that like poison and warlock, poison rocks!! think i gonna buy a green warlock like that bobby dall have
id say ibanez, warwick or dingwall. the latter is very pricey but the best on the earth in my opinion.
bc riches now......ive never tried their basses, but ive heard them. they're iffy. if ya dont wanna spend a lot, and wanna stand out, by all means get one. but if you want wuality, expect to spend big bucks for bc rich
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
I think you should worry less about the colour and more about a good playing warlock.

However this is the only (greenish) Warlock i could find

However its an old platinum series which means its made out of plywood.
http://www.jcguitars.com/xbass.htm

A modern warlock bass has a much better build quality then the old platinums.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Last edited by Asomodai at Jun 29, 2006,
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
oh, i more like a glam or punk guy. my cloth style is punk but i like glam and love to play both things, do u know about a good bass that are not for metal?

Dude, if you actually classufy the way you dress into a genre and get a bass to match it, you're not punk. I may not be punk, but I know that much.

That being said, the low-end Warlocks suck, and they're ugly.
well i won't tell you warlocks suck. i havnt tried one.

on the other hand flea says they suck, so i dont know.

but just make sure you're buying a bass that you like the sound of, and not because of looks.
Hair metal? I didn't know their sound was any different from hard rock back in that day... anyways, Nikki Sixx used Warlocks and Thunderbirds. I'd take a T-Bird over a BC RIch...
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
seams like many of u guys don't like warlock, but almost everyone like fender or ibanez, but can some1 tell me name on some good basses?

fender's have been the benchmark for basses forever. leo fender invented the electric bass.

personally myself i dont like ibanez. none of their basses appeal to me. the only bass they offer with something close to a jazz set up is a 5 string and i'm not into 5 strings. all their other basses have soap bars or humbuckers and if i wanted power in a humbucker i'd go for a musicman.

if u do buy a warlock, make sure you know what its made of and try it out first. if ur not so knowledgable about quality and craftsmanship find a more experienced friend to help you.

but for hair metal, and i'd just go for a p-bass. sorta like billy sheehan. really a warlock is just a p-bass with spikes. and nowadays you might get exiled for using such an outrageous bass.
u guys i don't think so much about how it looks, but if u find a bass in ugly color, then u buy the same bass in a color u like.
i haven't tried ibanez or bc-rich.
i have a fender squire p-bass, and have tried a fender jazzbass, so i don't know how good ibanez or bc-rich is. i gonna try all the basses i like and take the best one. i will just say i don't wonna use 5-strings.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Hair metal? I didn't know their sound was any different from hard rock back in that day... anyways, Nikki Sixx used Warlocks and Thunderbirds. I'd take a T-Bird over a BC RIch...

i don't have enough cash for a thunderbird
i gonna use around, well i'm not sure about dollars, 2000$
somebody her thinks an ibanez tr 500 expressionist is good, maybe i go for it instead of a bc rich and a fender.
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
i don't have enough cash for a thunderbird
i gonna use around, well i'm not sure about dollars, 2000$

$2000.. not in Canadian or American dollars right?

Epiphone makes an imitation Thunderbird which isn't bad for the price, if you don't mind a top-heavy bass (meaning the headstock/neck dips down towards the ground maknig it kind of hard to hold up, but you get used to it)