Ok guys..i know there's a thread with models of good acoustic guitars under $300, but i didn't find any with a cutaway. What guitars do you recomend with a cutaway for upper fret access with a maximum cost of 300-350 dollars? Please don't say "go to ur local guitar shop and try them all." I'm posting here because i don't wanna try every single guitar, i just want to know which ones to consider and then try those out. Thanks....
Cutaway acoustics often come with electronics and its pretty hard to find one without electronis. Dunno if you need it...

But id suggest you look at Godin guitars. Go at www.godinguitars.com and look at the different brands. Seagull, Norman, Art & Lutherie ...

Art & Lutherie tends to be less expensive but are still great instruments, even greater considering their price.
I have a hardtop seagull acoustic guitar with a cutaway and I like it a lot. I got it for around 350 but it was previously used...I think it was like 500 new. So try a used guitar, because they can be just as good as new guitars but wont cost as much.
I've Got a Green Tinted Sixties Mind

?Mike
^^ Plus used guitars with a hard top are already a little aged so you get an even better tone out of these. I only see good reviews about Seagulls / art & lutherie and every Godin guitar. Highly recommended brands. Canadian parts assembled in US.
Quote by evening_crow
Ok guys..i know there's a thread with models of good acoustic guitars under $300, but i didn't find any with a cutaway. What guitars do you recomend with a cutaway for upper fret access with a maximum cost of 300-350 dollars? Please don't say "go to ur local guitar shop and try them all." I'm posting here because i don't wanna try every single guitar, i just want to know which ones to consider and then try those out. Thanks....

are you looking for an acoustic-electric or just an acoustic or are you undecided on the matter?
Quote by qcMan
^^ Plus used guitars with a hard top are already a little aged so you get an even better tone out of these. I only see good reviews about Seagulls / art & lutherie and every Godin guitar. Highly recommended brands. Canadian parts assembled in US.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but as far as I can tell all the Godin guitars are assembled in Canada, not the U.S. The 2 Art & Lutheries I own sure are...

Which brings us to my recommendation...definitely try out the Art & Lutherie line, the solid cedar or spruce tops...sides and back are 3-layer wild cherry laminate which adds some weight but also strength without any tone sacrifice in my opinion...cutaways in several finish/color choices, although mine are not cutaway but full body without electronics, a cedar-topped dread and a parlor-sized cedar-top called the Ami. I love them...I've owned 2 other guitars in my life, a Martin 00-18 and a Martin 00-21 (both gone now), and considering the price of the A&Ls, they compare quite favorably in all areas other than collectibility which no longer matters to me now that I'm actually learning to play and enjoying it as opposed to taking my guitar out to admire it every once in awhile.

Good luck in your search, thread starter.
I bought my acoustic for $300. (it was normally around $400-ish), I just went to the guitar store and jammed on a bunch of them for fun. then i fiddled around with the ones that were in my price range ($400 max) and there were only about 3 or 4. and only 2 had cutaways. so i settled with an Ovation.

after i was almost commited to getting the ovation over the other one, an employee came by and asked if i needed any help. i just asked him which guitar he would prefer. he tried them both out and found the ovation had an extreamly great tone and sound for a mere $300. it's the best guitar you can get for the price.

it took me a week or so to get used to the bowl-shaped back, but i've learned to really like it over the full-bodied acoustic. you can get really close to the guitar and cradel it and feel the music.
Quote by vikramkr
I am trying to shred using power chords