what can i do to open the case with out breaking it. the combination doesnt work anymore.
rule of thumb...dont buy a locking case..if someone wanted it they would just take the case too...

try unscrewing the hinges in the back.....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Use the seach tool on here. I have seen this happen before and someone listed ways to open it. Also go to the Gibson website. They have it on there somewhere. I know I have seen it there. YOU DONT NEED TO BREAK OR DISASEMBLE TO GET IT OPEN!
Quote by guitarbreaker
Gods telling you to quit guitar.

LMFAO
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

I hate Gun"n"roses and i hate velvet revolver, there emo music, ew.

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
bring it to a locksmith? and yeah i never got the point of a locking case.... its just stupid unless the case weighs like 5 tons.
Quote by guitarbreaker
Gods telling you to quit guitar.

lmao nice
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
You'll need 20lbs. of explosives.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Call McGyver.

Crappy gear, crappy skills. But at least I'm damn ugly.

a good idea is to set your lock (if it is a number lock btw) to 0-0-0. When you do this, you can look on the sides of the numerals and see that the holes on each dial line up. Take a paper clip, push it through the holes where they cannot move and cut each side and bend the clip where it wont come out.

I do it this way because the way i see it, if someone steals your guitar, they will most like get the lock open one way or another.

If you are that worried, buy a case with a key (or one where you can place your own lock on it) instead of a combination lock.
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Kjukka "call Mcgyver."

HAHHAHAHAHA NICE DUDE.....srry im not sure how to quote so i just did that
Quote by numbfinger
rule of thumb...dont buy a locking case..if someone wanted it they would just take the case too...

i thought the same thing to but then i thought, maybe someone who dont know how to play would come up and open the case and be like, look at me i can play guitar and drop it, but if he dont know how to play it maybe he wont take it. RIGHT. So if its looked he wont take it but if it isnt he might play with it even if he dont know, now if he do know how to play guitar then your ****ed.
Quote by batman123
bring it to a locksmith? and yeah i never got the point of a locking case.... its just stupid unless the case weighs like 5 tons.

a locking case is for a father who does'nt want his son messing with his guitar when he's not home.
Last edited by j120strat at Jun 28, 2006,
The only reason you need a locking case is to prevent grubby-handed little children from grubbifying your beautiful guitar.

Or seeing how many times they can twist the tuner around.

Or making the guitar "pretty" by putting my little pony stickers on it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar