First off, great band. I've seen some of their live shows and their singer cedric....is he on speed? Because he sure acts like it...if you've ever seen them live you know what i mean. But, yea when is amputechture being released?

Thanks
At The Drive-In used to do it before shows to get pumped and stuff and keep being entertaining, or so I heard. The Mars Volta (or Cedric and Omar) probably took speed or something during the Deloused days but word on the street is they're both sober now and Frances The Mute was the first record they ever recorded sober.
Amputechture is released August 15
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
i am pretty sure that they still at least smoke pot

but i don't think they did speed before every show because that would over 10 years and they would be messed up by now
oh man, amputechture. i cant wait. frusciante and omar are a couple of my fav. guitarists. tmv havent failed me yet and i dont think they will this time.
SWEET, the day i get back from my cruise i am buying that album. And, i figured it was speed hah.
I'm looking to get into them a bit so I can prepare for them opening for the Chilis.. any recommendations? Songs, albums..?
Okay well my personall favorites are The Widow, Cygnus.....Vismund Cygnus, L'Via L'Viaquez, Inertiatic ESP, Cicatriz ESP. Im pretty new to them as well, but those songs caught my eye. And ur one helluva lucky bastard, they dont tour in Texas
FTM was pretty weak for the most part due to Omar and Cedric's sobriety.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Koolcow
Okay well my personall favorites are The Widow, Cygnus.....Vismund Cygnus, L'Via L'Viaquez, Inertiatic ESP, Cicatriz ESP. Im pretty new to them as well, but those songs caught my eye. And ur one helluva lucky bastard, they dont tour in Texas

Well I don't even know if they're opening the shows I'm going to.. I've heard that they switch off with some local band depending on the venue.

Can anyone confirm if they're opening the Toronto OR Winnipeg show? I'm going to both.
Son Et Lumiere + Inertiatic ESP = ownage.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
My favourites are Televators,The Widow,L'Via L'Viaquez,Eriatarka and Inertiatic ESP
Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt is my current favorite. Concertina and Haruspex are awesome as well.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Man, I really gotta pick up Deloused, I've had FTM for the longest time and have been loving it, I just never really got up and decided to get their first album.
i wish they would put a little more at the drive in there songs

The Mars Volta + At The Drive In = Sex
Quote by Ambulance X

lol

wait, your serious?
Am i the only one who thinks FTM was a lot better than De-Loused?
De-Loused is still Awesome though
Last edited by Schizoid_Man at Jun 30, 2006,
Quote by Ambulance X

yeah, you're right. The only reason the music was how it was was due to the 2 of them only smoking pot and nothing else, and it was pretty ****ty overall.

Oh wait

oh wait no. Really, no. Not at all no. Disagreement of opinions, but really, honestly, you really believe the ONLY thing that effected the qaulity of music was the fact that they cleaned up? How many drugs do you do?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I think that Frances the Mute is a ridiculous album. Not in the fact that it has a lot of really good "songs," but as one cohesive work it sets out what it wanted to do. It's more like a soundtrack than it is a bunch of songs that just work well together.

De-Loused was probably produced better, but it wasn't as much a concept album as Frances was, and Frances is what made me realize just how absolutely brilliant they are as a band... and it's full of moments where my jaw dropped. All of Con Safo (and Miranda in general) is just brilliant, dark, epic, and wicked-sounding (not wicked as in loser kid slang, but as in evil). The instrumental in Cygnus is sweet around 3:35 until a little after 9:00.
Quote by wilty00
I'm looking to get into them a bit so I can prepare for them opening for the Chilis.. any recommendations? Songs, albums..?

Well Wilty, since you're more of a Classic Rock fan, I would suggest the album "Frances the Mute", because it's a bit more progressive and experimental. "De-Loused in the Comatorium" seems a bit more punkish too me.

Quote by Schizoid_Man
Am i the only one who thinks FTM was a lot better than De-Loused?
De-Loused is still Awesome though

Agreed.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
THE ENTIRE NEW ALBUM HAS NOW LEAKED.

thought people might like to know.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Where? I've checked some torrent sites and soulseek, and found a couple songs (If anyone wants Vicarious Atonement, send me a PM), but I can't seem to find the whole album.

Is it on Limewire?
its on private torrent sites (oink, indietorrents etc). if you search really hard you'll probably find it on soulseek. if not, itll have trickled through to mainstream p2p soon anyway.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
its on private torrent sites (oink, indietorrents etc). if you search really hard you'll probably find it on soulseek. if not, itll have trickled through to mainstream p2p soon anyway.

Weak. And I doubt I can get an invite from someone.

I did find what may or may not be 2 minutes of Day of the Baphomets, though.
It's on limewire if anyone cares
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
I think both Deloused and FTM are pretty much equally good. Deloused was more of a typical-style album with a great concept but it didn't flow as well as FTM. I can just listen to FTM and get lost in a fooked-up alternate dimension. It was the first concept album I'd heard which really took me on a journey. Amazing.
Member no. 13 of the Muse Idolisation Brotherhood. PM me to join, lowly mortal!