ok so my frein (who just happens to be all serious about who touches his guitar) took my strings off my acustic and said he coudl restring it but then he dident and i dont know how to restring one i just found out today how and i was wondering if my guiater is screwed neck pressure wise.? thanks
my top bands: The Adicts, The Misfits, The Ramones, G.B.H., |SUB|HUM|ANS|, Black Flag,
Dead kennedys, Monster squad, A Global Threat
he's asking if the neck is ****ed from not having strings on it.

shouldn't be a problem, put em' on!
my freind unstrung my guitar and thought he could restring it because it need new strings but never did. so im asking what i should do if it has been siting around for a while with not strings?
my top bands: The Adicts, The Misfits, The Ramones, G.B.H., |SUB|HUM|ANS|, Black Flag,
String it again i guess
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
i stringed it with the 6th string and when i press it down it buzzes and hits one of the frets infront of it. so im guessing im screwed?
no, not really...hmm...
i don't know much about buzz and acoustic guitars.

take it to a local guitar shop, if you don't feel confident in messing with it

You might also wanna consider changing the guage of strings.
What guage are your current ones?
Acoustic usually have pretty heavy guages.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Jul 1, 2006,
Just put the strings back on, it won't affect it at all.
Okay, i don't really get the buzzing, could you try and re-word it somehow?
Maybe you should get a new nut if it's too worn in, or check to see if you need new strings.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
it's a problem that happens more commonly on electric guitars, and is easy to fix on them.

the strings, when fretted and strums, create a buzzing sound from touching the frets.
i know how to restring now ill get a picture of whats happening soon
You shouldn't get that buzzing once you put the rest of the strings back on. They will put the neck back under tension and pull it into proper alignment.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.