Page 1 of 2
How much experience did you have before you ever played in front of anyone? (Not small things like your friend or brother) But anything like a school show, gig or whatnot and how did it go?
Last edited by The way to hate at Jun 28, 2006,
2 years...
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
3 months, in front of the school...the haunting by the Misfits! and Helena 2
Last edited by Serjj The Ninja at Jun 28, 2006,
played 1 and a half years before I ever played live on guitar, I did play live before though, but on drums not guitar
i was pretty lucky i got to play a version of 99 red balloons on stage with my friends after only clocking up about 9 weeks, it was insane
a little less than a year...i kinda sucked but oh well.....
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
For me, about 1 1/2 years. My friends and I did Metallica's version of Carol of the Bells for our school Chistmas show. It was awesome, and we actually sounded great!
('cept we did mess up at one part, but awesome other than that lol)
3 months... SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT!!!!
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
8 months and we won a school battle of the bands we played teenage kicks and by the way which are both relatively easy
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com
Quote by The way to hate
Why what happened?

no one is a good guitar player after one year.
a year and a half and still not played live but by the time my band gets up and running and kicking arse it should be 2 years into my playing maybe a little more.
Quote by j120strat
no one is a good guitar player after one year.

Rand Rhoades guitar teacher said he didn't need to teach Randy anymore after a year since there was nothing left to teach him.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
10 months. My one year anniversary of starting guitar is in 3 days... woo.

And by the way, people that play other instruments will progress a lot faster than people with no musical background, barring the occasional prodigy.
Uh... 4 months? I was in grade 8.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by SGStrummer61
Rand Rhoades guitar teacher said he didn't need to teach Randy anymore after a year since there was nothing left to teach him.

thats stuff of legend.
2 months....as lead guitar
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
i waited 2 years and 2 months until i played live. i played a compilation of the master of puppets album playing a little of each song from the album. lol it clocked in at just under 10mins but it went really well and people thought it was insane.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
still haven't, because I refuse to learn any punk songs. WAY too easy, its an insult.

yeah wat punk are u talking about? if u mean green day and all tht thts not real punk

try instatutionalized by susidal tendancies (tht its prolly spelled horibly wrong o fuXck it its summer) then u can call punk easy
Me and a friend of mine played at one of our friend's wrestling shows. It was a really big event that he had been promoting strongly. I was really nervous going into it, but once I got my guitar and settled in, I was ready to roll! Sad part is, though, we only had an hour to rehearse. That was it....and that was right before the show. We had no time to work up anything. Of course, the "non-musician's" looked at it as no problem, as if we needed no time to rehearse, anyway. To sum it up, we done pretty good for only an hour worth of practice. We really had planned to do my friend's wrestling theme, but we ended up messing up towards the end of that. What more could they expect with only an hour worth of practice? They couldn't expect much.
1 and a half years! Weezer, Say it aint So! at a banquet! we sucked real bad!
1 1/2 Years,

Rhythm Guitar:
Jumping Jack Flash
Good Times Bad Times

Lead guitar:
Whole Lotta Love
Random Blues jam (where I did both)
about 2 years. played for a music show at school and people said we were amazing. thats probably cuz our singer started freaking out on stage when i hit the solo part.

Like 3 months...It was at my friends church chior(sp) thing and He didnt wanna make me sit there without knowing anyone it was the easiest song in the world...It was like e a d and g and all downstrokes...Everyone was like "You did great!" and I knoew they where lieing so I said ,"Yeah that was a really intense song it was really hard!" and they went ,I could tell it seemed hard !" I then walked away tring not to laugh...
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation
Like 3 months...It was at my friends church chior(sp) thing and He didnt wanna make me sit there without knowing anyone it was the easiest song in the world...It was like e, a, d, and g and all downstrokes...Everyone was like "You did great!" and I knew they where lieing so I said ,"Yeah that was a really intense song it was really hard!" and they went ,I could tell it seemed hard !" I then walked away amd tried not to laugh...
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation
3 weeks... no lie. I started playing bass in a band, they just handed me a sheet of paper with the notes down the fret borad and told me to learn at least the E string before I played with them, I have a good memeory, so it took me three weeks before I was playing infront of 50-80 people starting out.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

1 1/2 years.
And we rocked the stage.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
Like a month. I played Green Day's Basketcase horribly. I couldn't even finish the song because my fingers hurt. (I played power chords with my first three fingers like a ****ing retard!!)
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
I started playing at 12, i think i was 16 when i played live first, my band had been doing nothing but practicing 2 times a week for a year or more and we played a schools cabaret( my schools) and we only were allowed 1 set...so we did these

cumbersome-seven mary three

All the small thinks-Blink 182

Holiday
Hitchin a ride Greenday
When i come around
Basket case

Sex and candy- Marcy playground

Last kiss- pearl jam

Die die my darling- metalica version

figured you out
feelin way too damn good Nickelback
how you remind me

un fortunatly we sucked major balls because the PA our school provided kept overheating and clipping making our singer sound like assssssss and my drummer shower up half cocked, so i fired him that night i got a new drummer my basist left for the army about threee days later so again a new bassist and now my new band play every night we can ata local bar and we rock all originals in 2 of three sets... no name just us playing... ive rambled long enough
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
i played for about 2 years or a year at some party thing ...i played wind cries mary, cold shot, hey joe, your body is a wonderland, and neon.
6 months

i sucked the rest of the band was good though
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Page 1 of 2