I posted a question a couple days back about your recommendations for a small tube
amp for practice, recording, etc....I needed some feedback. I was originally looking at the Carvin Vintage 16, the Fender Blues Jr., Epiphone Valve Special, ...stuff like that.
A few recommended going a little larger...20-30 watts. Now I'm considering (haven't
played one yet) a Mesa F-30...any opinions? Too much amp? It's a big jump price-
wise from the others, but would this be something I'd be satisfied with longer...not
wanting to upgrade again in a year or so...?
I'm moving up from a Marshall AVT 20...not entirely happy with the tone. I appreciate
your opinions...especially anyone who owns/owned an F-30. Thanks, people.
the f-30 is great not really cheap though, but if you find a good price (I have found one a 1100 ? for example, but I don't have the money yet) it's an amazing low wattage amp which such a good high gain tone.

The Mesa tone but cheap of course check the sticky to see other amps in your price range, but I would go straight for the F-30, you won't need a distortion pedal to play metal unlike the other amps you listed.

And 30 is enough, you don't need 50!!!!! (Buy a 50 if you like, but it's madness if you ask me)
Uh, the jump from the Epi to the Mesa is pretty damn big if you ask me....1000 bucks.

15 watts will work well, 30 will get you louder cleans, and the 5 will get you quiet cleans.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeah teh f30 is liek over a grand. but you wont have to upgrade. ever. (if you leik the tone and u msot liek;ly will) Basically, buy a mesa=never buying anotehr amp
Quote by Dyaxe666
yeah teh f30 is liek over a grand. but you wont have to upgrade. ever. (if you leik the tone and u msot liek;ly will) Basically, buy a mesa=never buying anotehr amp

Except someday if you're good, 30 watts won't be enough. No headroom at larger volumes. If you use a PA to mic it it's an exception though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.