My dads gone on a trip to Dubai and has said if he can find any guitar stores he'd try and get me a Gibson SG. I've looked online and can't find any online stores to see the prices, does anyone know how much they'll be going for over there?
where is dubai?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Why didn't he just get you a Gibson SG where you live? Maybe he doesn't wnat to buy you one , and he knows there is no way can he get one in Dubai.
Everything's much cheaper over there, and my dads motto is essentially, 'if I can find it cheaper, i'm getting it there'.
Dubai stinks! I used to live in toronto and moved to dubai last year! Guitar gear is way overpriced and they mainly sell squire down here. Tell him never to come to dubai, especially for music gear, just order from the internet www.music123.com!
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
I doubt guitars will be cheaper over there because there's no market for them - they'll be niche items and therefore cost way over the odds. The cheapest place in the world to buy a gibson is the US.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well i went to Dubai last summer and intended on buying a guitar.....theres this place called "Fish Round About" or something like that , thats got about 10 music/guitar shops. I didnt see any gibsons or anything....mostly LTD , Jackson , Ibanez and some Parkers
GEAR

Guitars:
IbanezRG350DX
Slammer Pacer

Amps:
Laney TFX1

Effects:
Zoom G7.1ut
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by latinosuperstud
where is dubai?

your american so im not surprised your knowledge of geography is so pathetic
and to threadstarter i dont know any places in dubai but in sharjah( approx a 30 min drive away ) is the beethoven music institute that sells a very good range of guitars
^^ Well seeing as you europeans or wherever your from live in the same relative land mass it is much easier for you to know where places like Dubai are.

I guarentee you alot of Europeans cannot name all 50 states in the US.

With that being said, I am American and I know where Dubai is so you should shutup.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
dubai is in the UAE, United Arab Emirates, basically by saudi arabia, and your probably going to end up getting a gibson copy or something for cheaper, not the real thing
Deluxe American Strat, 3 tone sunburst
Line 6 Spyder III, 75w
Quote by CroneR
^^ Well seeing as you europeans or wherever your from live in the same relative land mass it is much easier for you to know where places like Dubai are.

With that being said, I am American and I know where Dubai is so you should shutup.

Why the **** would a European want to name the 50 states in the U.S? Can you name even one province or state of Germany or Finland? Why is it that nationalist arrogance seems to be directly proportionate to immaturity and idiocy?

Since Gibsons are made in the United States, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy them there?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Why the **** would a European want to name the 50 states in the U.S? Can you name even one province or state of Germany or Finland? Why is it that nationalist arrogance seems to be directly proportionate to immaturity and idiocy?

+1

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

your american so im not surprised your knowledge of geography is so pathetic

I'm not going to get angry, but I found that extremely out of line.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
i agree, Americans know just as much about geography then anyone else, i knew where dubai was! look above a few posts!
Deluxe American Strat, 3 tone sunburst
Line 6 Spyder III, 75w
Quote by CroneR

I'm not saying all americans are morons I just meant that out of the ones I know ,whom I consider a fair demographic representation of the poulation ,quite a few of them are surprisingly ignorant
Quote by Shred Head
I'm not saying all americans are morons I just meant that out of the ones I know ,whom I consider a fair demographic representation of the poulation ,quite a few of them are surprisingly ignorant

There's a good reason most American's never leave the country, let alone their own state.
I am American, and I know that not a lot of Americans can name all 50 states unfortunately. :p
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
Burger eating invasion monkeys.

Great Scot! Just pray to whatever gods you kneel before that we don't take a hankerin for haggis!! Causin if we do mate your bluudy well next! Wait, how did this thread stray from the very original idea of buying an American/Canadian made product 12 light years away in the middle east, eh? Beam me the h#ll up Scotty!!!
boomersooner
Yeah, it's true that some Americans don't know much about geography. But, please don't confuse this small sample of our population as a representation of Americans on a whole. Geography is highly emphasized where I live. My 9th grade GCS final involved drawing the entire world and placing/labelling about 100 cities, rivers, mountains, and other significant items on a blank piece of paper. Over the year, we were tested on our knowledge of the countries of each continent (and oceana), as well as their locations and capitols. Most of my classmates did very well on this. This is a public school in the middle of Iowa, and yes, I can still pinpoint Dubai on a blank map.
i'm english and lived and worked in the usa for a year, i'm afraid it is true that americans have a poor sense of geography. the news over there hardly ever mentions anything out of the usa, and it's a fact that only 10% of americans have passports.

people i talked to didn't realise for example that england is part of the british isles and is actually separated from the rest of europe by the sea. a girl in ohio once asked me 'what language do you guys speak in england, uh french or something?'
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen - he sepnt a year in Texas and somebody commented on how good his English was because "...don't you all speak German or something over there?"

On topic, Dubai's a good place to buy luxury goods like watches and jewellery....but I think you're better of sticking to the US and Japan for guitars.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by CroneR

Lol i bet i can name more states than you can name countries lol
Quote by dr_john
i'm english and lived and worked in the usa for a year, i'm afraid it is true that americans have a poor sense of geography. the news over there hardly ever mentions anything out of the usa, and it's a fact that only 10% of americans have passports.

people i talked to didn't realise for example that england is part of the british isles and is actually separated from the rest of europe by the sea. a girl in ohio once asked me 'what language do you guys speak in england, uh french or something?'

That's why I rely on international news sources, such as BBC, to supplement local and national news. In fact, BBC reports some of our news better than we do ourselves.
Quote by CroneR

I guarantee you that most Americans cannot name all the Provinces and Territories of Canada, let alone all 50 states in the US. Same land mass, right?
I think he is going to be surprised. I visited China earlier this year with the same intentions. Thought I would buy a nice Ibanez or one of the other Guitars that are made over there. I found a shop that had one Ibanez, and a couple of other used Epiphones and stuff, the prices wre higher than my local Guitar Center.

The Ibanez was only 250, but had a rough poorly finished neck on it.

You can find some cheap acoustics in other countries that are pretty well made, but it is hit miss.

He will however be able to buy a mercedes for 10K all day long.
Lol no point going to Dubai for guitars. I have lived here for fourteen years and I found a better guitar in England in about 5 hours then I have here.
Gibsons are made in USA, so USA is in fact the cheapest place to buy them (duh).

If you want an SG, keep a lookout on your local craigslist, someone will eventually sell one and you can haggle with them and go try it out.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by fishfingaz
Lol no point going to Dubai for guitars. I have lived here for fourteen years and I found a better guitar in England in about 5 hours then I have here.

This thread is 2 years old.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by CroneR

My geography is ace, as well.
Quote by MustangSVT
Gibsons are made in USA, so USA is in fact the cheapest place to buy them (duh).

this
I knwo this thread is old but i also need guitar/music shops in dubai....
Quote by guitarlord28
I thought your avatar was slowpoke
Quote by Vornik
Why the **** would a European want to name the 50 states in the U.S? Can you name even one province or state of Germany or Finland? Why is it that nationalist arrogance seems to be directly proportionate to immaturity and idiocy

Lots of +1 to you!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by soccer6
I knwo this thread is old but i also need guitar/music shops in dubai....

Then make our own thread ... Reported
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.