So, I've been searching for a good reverb to go with my silverface bassman. My first try was the electro harmonix holy grail. It sounded simply wonderful, but after about a week it produced a small buzzing noise that just bugged the hell out of me.

It was at that point that I took it back to the shop, and traded it in for a Boss RV-3. The RV-3 is a very ambient pedal, as it can combine reverb and delay. However, the reverb by itself is just FAR too digital. I've kept the RV-3, partly because I wanted delay, and partly because a lot of my favorite musicians use one.

So this past friday, I was at guitar center, and I had 130 bucks to blow. I see down in the used bin a Digiverb for 40 dollars. I'm thinking, "Hey, digitech sucks, but I'll give it a try anyway.". So, I take it out and plug it into some silverface bandmaster they had there, and sort of got the jist of it. It sounded OK at the store, but I didn't have the chance to turn it way up. I picked it up, because for forty bucks, it's not that big of a deal to wait to return if I don't like it.

I've been using this thing turned on constantly with my bassman, ever since I picked it up. I reccomend it to ANYONE searching for a reverb. The price is astounding, as well. While browsing thegearpage, I've also noticed it's one of the ONLY liked digital reverbs. Plus, it's got this crazy ass reverse reverb. Eh, let's just say that my search is over, and even though I don't have much faith in digitech, this piece of gear is a keeper.
I have a friend who is very happy with his one too

and that reverse reverb is trippy
That's the only digital effect I've ever liked. Congrats on finding a winner.
Yeah, most of Digitech's products are pretty good sounding, just not their distortions. Incedently, "Digiverb" makes me thirsty, probably because I love the clean, clear sound of digital reverb, delay, and flange/chorus.
Quote by seljer
I have a friend who is very happy with his one too

and that reverse reverb is trippy

reverse reverb? I've never heard of such a thing, what does that sound like?
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
The only thing I dont like about it (As well as the Digidelay) is that when you click the pedal off...it doesnt stop "reverbing". Like with the delay, when you click the pedal off it just keeps going untill it stops...hard to explain. Otherwise theyre great pedals.
^alright, though i won't really need to turn reverb off in the middle of songs...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
You're not alone my friend. I've actually taken a liking to Digitechs modulation efects.
I plan to pick up a DigiDelay next week.

The only thing I dont like about it (As well as the Digidelay) is that when you click the pedal off...it doesnt stop "reverbing". Like with the delay, when you click the pedal off it just keeps going untill it stops...hard to explain.

That's why I like them. It let's you make a smooth transition between different parts of a song.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^ yeah I guess with reverb it would be fine. But when I have my delay volume set pretty high, and I go from nice clean sounding verse with a heavy delay, to a nut throbing heavy chorus...the delay messes that up lol.