Ok so yeah I traded in my jackson slsmg, it was a great guitar, but i kinda listened to other peoples opinions and bought it without giving it a big practice go...so anyways I kind of got sick of it and actually "traded down", i tried out many guitars yesterday, and settled on a Jackson DK2. The guitar just felt right to me, even though it is technically not as good as the slsmg on paper, it just felt so much better for me..anyways so yeah im new with floyd rose bridges, it came with a jackson jt580 or something i think which is jacksons version of a liscensed floyd, i know they dont have the greatest rep, but the guitar just felt amazing and I talked to a fellow player who has 2 guitars with jackson jt trems and he hasnt had any problems with tuning stability or anything...

So anyways all that aside, is there any precautions or anything i should be careful of when using a floyd like bridge, like can i hurt the guitar by being rough sort to speak witht he trem bar? thanks for your help
ye just be careful you dont yank the bridge and gear off the body
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
what do you mean, i asked the sales rep how durable those jackson trems are and he said just because something isnt an original floyd doesnt mean its a crappy floyd, he said jackson makes for reputable trems, he said there not quite as good as the high end ibanez ones, but he said he hasnt had issues with jackson trems...and I had the guitar set up and everything if that means anything...
generaly you dont have to watch out so much when pushing down on the trem arm, its when you pull up that you have the problems. just dont pull up too far, or do so slowly to see how far you can pull up safely wihtout hurting anything. i know that on my esp with a licensed floyd if i pull up to a certain point im fine but above that point it throws my A string out of tune (even with a locking nut and locking bridge.) so basicly, just test it out and know your limits on it.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Thanks I appriciate the advice, any others with any personal floyd experiences to avoid?
Well with real original floyd rose bridges you could bend that f***er up high. I think it's because your ESP might have a cheaper bridge or you might not be tightening the nut lock enough.
What if i do manage to eff the trem up, will another liscensed floyd fit, or would i need to get the exact jackson trem thats on it (which wouldnt be hard cause there on ebay), just curious though
might as well get a real fr then.

its alot better
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
Quote by Ihearthetfield
Well with real original floyd rose bridges you could bend that f***er up high. I think it's because your ESP might have a cheaper bridge or you might not be tightening the nut lock enough.

i can bend mine up pretty high, but theres always that point where u cant go any further. my esp does have a cheap bridge, its a cheap guitar in general but it gets the job done and stays in tune
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Quote by d_byrne23
What if i do manage to eff the trem up, will another liscensed floyd fit, or would i need to get the exact jackson trem thats on it (which wouldnt be hard cause there on ebay), just curious though

It's direct swap for dk2 I own a dk2 myself too and it stays in tune pretty well.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE STRINGS PROPERLY! That is all.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
GO TO A GUITAR REPAIRMAN

ASK HIM HOW TO CHANGE STRINGS ON FLOYD

Dont make mistake I made by taking strings all out n changing them together cause u get screwd over..

Ask for lessons on changing floyd or wwatch some1 do it, its much easier than breakin ur guitar to learn it the hard way..
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones