Poll: Choose the axe
Poll Options
View poll results: Choose the axe
Epi Les Paul Classic quilt top
10 50%
PRS SE Custom
10 50%
Voters: 20.
Ive narrowed my choices down to these 2 set neck mahog style guitars in my price range. trem doesnt matter but its a nice bonus since I already have an Ibanez S and I dont like the PRS stop bar bridge.

Epi Les Pal Classic quilt top wine red:

PRS SE Custom grey/black with trem
The SE line SUCKS. Don't be fooled by the PRS logo.

Definetly go with the epiphone. The SE line has a really crappy feel. If you really want a tremolo go for a Fender Standard Strat.
Epiphone is what i'd say
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
I dont need a trem but I do want set neck / mahogany construction. so a Fenders out. I realize they are MF reviews Ive read but all are positive about he PRS SE and here was alot of praise for the stock PRS pups when compared directly to Epi stock pups, but then again dont let pups be a factor in the decision as they are an easy swap. Also many positive reviews for the PRS set up and intonaiton as well.
Last edited by CustomCustom at Jun 28, 2006,
Well CustomCustom the reason why that's so is that the epiphone les paul is a very popular guitar so therefore there must be a bad review here and there.

I just looked on musicianfriend.com and the SE had like 8 reviews compared to the hundreds on the epiphone. Obviously there is going to be more bad reviews about the epiphone because there are more reviews period lol.
I need to play the SE wide-fat neck carve to make the decision. The SE has better access than the Epi for sure.
the LP Classic isnt the best out there. and the SE isnt too good either.

The Epi has a mahogany/ alder body (dampens sound/ sustain) and a maple veneer top.
Suggestion: look at the Epi LP standard Plain top. or an Agile.

The SE is cheaper made has a veneer top/ photo top (idk which)
solution: (I have No Idea)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=573

1. Its a Kramer

2. Its made here in the USA

3. Mahogony Neck/Mahogony Body = Excellent sustain

4. Grover tuners

5. Dead Sexy

6. Only 350$

7. The almighty ClassicAxe answered the question, so you know its the right choice!
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
i would definantly go for the epi, but im basing it on looks, and i want a les paul myself right now, so i would go for the pi...but i havent had the liberty of trying out either of those guitars
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by ClassicAxe
http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=573

1. Its a Kramer

2. Its made here in the USA

3. Mahogony Neck/Mahogony Body = Excellent sustain

4. Grover tuners

5. Dead Sexy

6. Only 350$

7. The almighty ClassicAxe answered the question, so you know its the right choice!
Ive been submitting my email address for 5 months waiting for that thing to be in stock and have yet to recieve a reply about it. This one may be rarer than a holy grail 59 Gibby