alright so i found this brand of bass. its a knockoff of fender kind of, but im thinking about getting one of them. its called an sx. thats either the model or the brand, i dunno. find them at www.rondomusic.net/bassguitars4.html they are extremely low priced. ugly headstocks but other than that no visual complaints. so just take a look-see at the site and tell me what you think. should i just go with a fender mexican jazz or what. i play funk/blues/jazz-fusion/rock. lot of slap and improvs.
thanks a bunch-- CB
oops, check on the second page, top left. the natural wood bass. im thinking about getting that and customizing it. prolly get flat wound strings for a jazzy bass, i have my funk bass set up.
I've heard that they're very good, for the price you pay. They flatten Squiers, and set up properly may even rival Mexican Fenders. The stock pickups are their main letdown - but apparently better than many £200-300 axe standards. Or so some sources say - they have a big following over at TalkBass, and many of those guys are semi-pro to pro musicians who've been in the business years... No personal experience, though.

A short while ago I was tempted to order one - I emailed the customer services guy at Rondo and he said he'd be willing to ship all the way to the UK , and it'd still cost me less than buying a Squier over here. But I opted against it because 2,000 miles is a long way to send it back if it arrives fubar'd. But the fact that I considered it in the first place must speak for the quality, right?

Just for the sake of conversation, I was looking at, and have heard cracking reviews of, the SJB-62 Jazz replica. If that had worked out, I probably would have ordered an SPB-57 P-bass and maybe even a five string (HXB-405). In fact, if I ever have a few pennies knocking around spare, I may well do it.

Hope my sleep deprived nattering has helped in some way.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Jun 29, 2006,
friend has one. its a pretty damn good buy, really plays about as good as a fender. Beats the hell out of a squier.

i'm also, inthe futurew, thinking about ordering a bass from Rondo, but its going to be the Brice 6 string, this is it : http://www.rondomusic.net/prestZbass.html

anyone know about this bass, know if its good quality and what not, cause i've really been looking for a good six string.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
my younger brother has the sx pj bass. for the 120 he paid for it, it's a dang fine instrument, and I personally the feel of p-basses. everything about it was something you'd expect from a much more expensive bass-even the strings felt like they'd just been put on. they've got a really great reputation for customer service too. I'm looking at getting an sx jazz when I get a little more cash.

edit; specifically, I'm looking at this ash bass. http://www.rondomusic.net/sjb75.html

mmmmmmmm
that jazz bass is rather tempting! i love the blue one

or this

http://www.rondomusic.net/vebltd.html

at the current rates, that will set me back £100!!!!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Jun 29, 2006,
Quote by Trell
shipping will be a bit more in england, but yeah, they're good stuff for the price.

im emailing to find out how much. even if its like £50, thats still one hell of a price

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Trell
everything about it was something you'd expect from a much more expensive bass-even the strings felt like they'd just been put on.

They have - D'Addarios are fitted before they're shipped out.

Quote by IndieMetalhead
im emailing to find out how much. even if its like £50, thats still one hell of a price

Nearly £70, if I recall. I no longer have the email from Kurt stating the exact price, though. £170 in total for a bass that trumps every Squier you're ever likely to find, though. Yeah, I think I'm tempted too. Only possible trouble would be warping from the change of atmosphere during shipping, or the rough and tumble way packages are handled. I' beleive it ships in a hardcase, though... and the atmosphere thing shouldn't be anything a decent setup won't fix.

Nice bass you're looking at there, by the way. Personally, I could live without the gold hardware though.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
meh, easily replaceable

apparantly theres customs charges too (kurt emailed me, its $85 or something) so it might be a little more expensive.

Quote by metaldud536

Ah, I didn't even think of customs. Fairly retarded of me, what with them having to go through them and all that.

Still, Squiers in my local store are easily £200 or more. Mexican Fenders? £350+. An SX is supposed to be only a little worse than your common, or garden, Fender, so it could still work out better in the end.
if theyre around the quality of MIM fenders then i'd be happy. if they were just above squiers, i'd be pissed

Quote by metaldud536

Consider how low quality Squiers tend to be, though... you ain't got a lot to worry about
I've already made my decision, unfortunately. I'm just waiting for the opportunity. I'm dead in the water financially, but after I've got myself a decent amp, I'm spoiling myself with a bass or two from there.

I mean, uhh. Think it through. Don't give in to the G.A.S!
I want the one Jazz with the ash body and P/J pickup configuration so bad....I just don't have the money.
Quote by Bassilo
AAAAH!! I'm on the brink of buying one!!! With a quilt-maple top, that's the only type the store has... THe only sucky thing is that it has gold hardware... I just don't wanna make any rushed descisions...

spend the money you will have saved on a badassII (if they'll fit) and some nice tuners

as for the knobs...meh

Quote by metaldud536