How do bands like #12 looks like you, dep, norma jean and other bands use math to right there songs?
ya i read some article that said they use math and stuff to write songs.
they dont use maths
its a term also known as tech metal
its just highly complex songwritting
stuff like odd time signitures
and complex riffing
Quote by avenged_lover06
they dont use maths
its a term also known as tech metal
its just highly complex songwritting
stuff like odd time signitures
and complex riffing

you couldnt be further off.

what they do is write the lyrics for the song....than they convert the letters to numbers (z=26, y =25, x=24, etc etc...its backwards just because theyre super cool like that)...and add them all together...divide by the sum of the "letters" of the name of the song. after this they take the square root rounded to the nearest whole number. they than take the the last and second last numbers for their time signature.

the chord progression is the intervals of the letters song name converted to numbers (i xvi iii vii ix etc)

only the truth.
wow
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Quote by ThisPerishedMin

what they do is write the lyrics for the song....than they convert the letters to numbers (z=26, y =25, x=24, etc etc...its backwards just because theyre super cool like that)...and add them all together...divide by the sum of the "letters" of the name of the song. after this they take the square root rounded to the nearest whole number. they than take the the last and second last numbers for their time signature.

the chord progression is the intervals of the letters song name converted to numbers (i xvi iii vii ix etc)

only the truth.

You have to be kidding...
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by ThisPerishedMin

only the truth.

yeah bull shit

Quote by mr.dave
#12 looks like you, dep, norma jean

anybody else think that its weird norma jean is on this list
Last edited by frd_marshll at Jun 29, 2006,
Quote by frd_marshll

anybody else think that its weird norma jean is on this list

nowhere close to being mathcore. try psyopus or dep instead.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
MATHCORE!! NORMA JEAN, mathcore has nothing to do with the bullshiot that one guy said.. Mathcore is when the band is playing in like 7 different time signature and some how it stays in key and sounds awesome..
Quote by MedicreDemon
Metalheads aren't assholes.

It's the damn Blues fans.

Quote by Stimpomatic
one of my friends wouldnt let me play turok 2 for the n64 with him so i threw my controller at the back of his head and hit him pretty hard.

haha
Quote by guitarwannabe16
nowhere close to being mathcore. try psyopus or dep instead.

NJ = teh sux. Norma Jean has to be one of the most montonous, boring, talentless bands ever. They also gave us the chug-chug-chug-WEEEEE!!!!11!1 that inspired countless ****ty hardcore bands.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
thats what everyone seems to be asking.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
If any of you think ThisPerishedMin is wrong then you know nothing about math/tech.

Everything he wrote is correct, and if you don't believe it then get the **** out of here.
I play guitar
Quote by )Eric(Draven
If any of you think ThisPerishedMin is wrong then you know nothing about math/tech.

Everything he wrote is correct, and if you don't believe it then get the **** out of here.

Duh. Why are people so afraid of the truth..
Listen to my music here
Quote by ThisPerishedMin

only the truth.

You should like, make a sticky about that!
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
Quote by ThisPerishedMin

only the truth.

lolzers i dunt believed people actually thought that was true. i bet sum1 tried doin that wit a DEP song.
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
NJ = teh sux. Norma Jean has to be one of the most montonous, boring, talentless bands ever. They also gave us the chug-chug-chug-WEEEEE!!!!11!1 that inspired countless ****ty hardcore bands.

wow i made a post just like that once...scary =0
Quote by saga_7
MATHCORE!! NORMA JEAN, mathcore has nothing to do with the bullshiot that one guy said.. Mathcore is when the band is playing in like 7 different time signature and some how it stays in key and sounds awesome..

they dont play in like 7 different time signatures....there are just many odd time changes....
I prefer CalculusHonors Core. Much more complex, imo.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath