What do you guys think about the ESP LTD guitars with the duncans in it ?
i have been thinking about cashing in to get one and i was wondering LTD vs. Les Paul.
thanks please post
michael
Depends what kind of music you play, and you know there are so many kinds of LTD's with duncans in them.
what type of music do you play? If mostly metal, I'd spring for the EMG's, and with a good tube amp, it would sound awesome. If you play more classic rock and stuff like that, the duncan's should be just fine. What model LTD are you looking at?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Which les paul?

An LTD EC-400AT absolutely murders Epiphone LPs (except the Elitists)

But a Gibson Studio/Standard/Classic could tear the LTD a new one.
yea, i love esp and praise them but i dont mess with the best and thats les paul i play gibson les pauls, but they do sound good theyre modled after a 60s LP custom they feel ok have a weirder look but have a good sound, but if metal is your vice the new M400 is your toy floyd rose, EMGs, all Black and a fast neck
Quote by Danno13
Which les paul?

An LTD EC-400AT absolutely murders Epiphone LPs (except the Elitists)

But a Gibson Studio/Standard/Classic could tear the LTD a new one.

I've got a ltd ec-1000 and it's a lot nicer to play than my friends Gibson Les Paul Studio. It's also nicer to play than my Gibson V.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
^I agree, from a playing standpoint- they've got a thinner neck, which is great.

But Gibsons have thicker bodies AND necks, which translates to a thicker/"better" (IMO) tone.

That's not to say the ECs aren't incredible. Cuz they are.
I'd like to try a Gibson Les Paul with EMGs and compare it to a Ltd with the same pick ups. I'd imagine that the Gibson has a slightly thicker tone.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
it does i know from experience the ton eis thicker
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Danno13
^I agree, from a playing standpoint- they've got a thinner neck, which is great.

But Gibsons have thicker bodies AND necks, which translates to a thicker/"better" (IMO) tone.

That's not to say the ECs aren't incredible. Cuz they are.

Eclipse are better though and in my country cheaper the ESP Eclipse II FM is the same for a Gibson Studio model