Does anyone know anything about the Pignose G60vr? My Drive amp just isn't cutting it anymore and my band my start going gigging so I need a bigger amp.

I heard it was designed by the same man that did the Fender Bassman and is basically a clone.

I play RHCP, Incubus, Sublime, etc. I'm really on a budget and i could buy this used ALL TUBE for around $250-275 which is about all the money I have.

Also later I might replace the speaker and tubes.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Jun 28, 2006,
I think I might go for the G40 if i can find it cheap because i think it was the only one done by the Fender Bassman man.

Also, does anyone know where I could try out this amp?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

The user reviews for the Pignose G40V on Harmony Central are voluminous and detailed. I believe Dennis Kragen designed the electronics, which are considered solid. The usual recommedations are to change out the stock speaker and experiment with the tubes. Because it can be got inexpensively used on ebay ($125 to $250 - later price usually already modified), or for $319.95 new from several online retailers, you can modify even with a modest budget. Plus, you can slave it out to a cabinent. The 60 watt version has reverb. Speaker change probably advisable again. Might be hard to get the 60 watter for $275 or less, even used. There is a G40V sitting in a pawn shop near me, but the dweeb wants $365 for a used one. Apparently, he doesn't know about the online retailers or the ebay market prices, or he is just waiting for a chump. But, that might be the type of place to look to try and play one. I don't know of any non-online retailers that stock them.
Last edited by gmsje at Jun 29, 2006,