I have been playing guitar for 2 years now, and I really want to get into leads and soloing. (Your thinking, "Yay, another noob... ") I have looked into the lessons here at ultimate-guitar and found them to be somewhat of a help ( such as the hopscotch method), however I don't know where to start with what I learned. Basicly, how does one improvise with a song
this can be helpful

helped me

Here Ya Go!
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
well, id suggest that u learn the scales really good. then practice them in different patterns....that should give u a good foundation to work off of!!
Thanks for the link sumfears , looks like a good site. So just hit those scales and build on them later, thanks.
Quote by rockman123
^^ but be carefull you have the right scale. Like make sure its in key.

This is an important point. Learn about harmonizing the major scale to create chords and how to identify what key a chord progression is in. This helps you to know what scale(s) to use when you play over a progression.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com