I was doing a spin and my strap lock stripped out of my guitar body. Is there anyting I can do so it wont do this again? I put a toothpick in the hole to fill in some of the extra space. Should have I glued the toothpick in the hole?

Brendan
get some like wood or something to fill it in and make sure you glue it in, then re screw it back.
how bout shoving the toothpick in your ass..........seriously no one cares about your guitar spinning
haha yeah guitar spinning is pretty damn wild, I got bored and tried it one day, damn strap came out because it wasnt nutted on, and boom guitar just hits the floor. haha damn good thing I didnt do it with my Lado. So spinning is a no go on this end.
Quote by frankieD2989
how bout shoving the toothpick in your ass..........seriously no one cares about your guitar spinning

Im not bragging that i can do it i am asking a question about it so i dont ruin my guitar. seriosly, my 2nd post on this forum and i get flammed. Anyways what is the use of a forum if I cant get advice?
The way you don't ruin your guitar is by not treating it like a piece of **** and spinning it, thats how you don't ruin it.
I don't know, man. I like the guitar spin. I won't do it, but it really gets people talkin' . Good luck with the hole fixing thing.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x1korbP3i-8&search=alexi%20laiho%20mess%20up

thats what you get for spinning your guitar! NO NO! bad doggy! BAD DOGGY!

lol, but really, dont spin your guitar. what is the use? people dont look up to you for it, it looks like you are a showoff and it doest make a show any better. and where you doing it at your own house? i bet you were, so its pointless.
yea the wood filler is a great fix it will set everything back up and for future spins i suggest taping your guitar with duct or electrical tape so if it does strip it cant come out as easy
Quote by dark manor

lol, but really, dont spin your guitar. what is the use? people dont look up to you for it, it looks like you are a showoff and it doest make a show any better. and where you doing it at your own house? i bet you were, so its pointless.

You may think it is showing off, but that is your opinion. Im not gonna stop doing something that I think is cool just because some people dont like it. Its the same as how people might make fun of how you dress. Your probably not gonna change who you are because of that.

Thanks for all the people that did help. But for the people that criticize me just for tring something new sounds pretty stuck up of you guys.

And one more thing, Im not using my good guitar for this. I bought a guitar off ebay for $60 just for doing this.
Brendan, my guess is that your are either emo or punk?

Either way, I hope you learned your lesson, now go to your room.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I think if I tried a guitar spin I'd kill myself or open up a porthole to another dimension.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
FrankieD, Reported. When someone asks for help, try simply answering their question and not flaming them for no reason.

Topic Creator, I've heard that putting a toothpick in the hole and putting the screw back in works fine. And don't spin your guitar again.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
do this, glue the toothpick in, but seriously, be careful when you spin it. your in a band right? frankie of mcr cracked ray's head open spinning it so if you wanna spin go ahead, just be careful
Guys seriously tho, all the flaming isnt needed. He only asked how he should fix it, not if it was right or wrong. What he does with his guitar doesnt matter, heck I wish I could even do guitar whips, personally I think its a great way of rocking out when playing a sweet energetic song. Yea, you know what Im talking about, just rocking out having fun and going ape s*** crazy. Just tell him how to fix it and end the thread.
^Exactly. Thank you for being an intelligent user and keep it up!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
hey... .... uhhh..... what's a guitar spin? are you spinning or what?
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
^It's when you fling the guitar around your back, making it swing in a circle around your body over your shoulder to where it was.

In most cases, it doesn't work and the guitar/neaby person/wall/lamp/your foot gets damaged.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i did it all the time with my peavey and i can do it with my squire! just make sure they straplocks are tight and throw it. Im not gonna do it to my LP but yea. I'll spin my Strat and my strat knockoff all day!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Xenn99
^It's when you fling the guitar around your back, making it swing in a circle around your body over your shoulder to where it was.

In most cases, it doesn't work and the guitar/neaby person/wall/lamp/your foot gets damaged.

lol, i need to sig that

SIGGED!
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 29, 2006,
I took a screw put a washer on it and screwed my strap to my guitar and the screws never come out, although its a bitch to switch straps
^He wasn't bragging. And I'd bet he's not going to be spinning his guitar around again.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
haha this is great to do onstage but yeah wut i do just to make even safer precautions is put a ton of duct tape on it i meant a TON, it wont go anywhere, ive had it on my guitar and ive probably spun it a thousand times hasnt even worn off, althought i would imagine after a long time that the tape would wear so yeah...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Brendan_670
Im not bragging that i can do it i am asking a question about it so i dont ruin my guitar. seriosly, my 2nd post on this forum and i get flammed. Anyways what is the use of a forum if I cant get advice?

You don't want to ruin it? Don't ****ing spin it, dip****.
Duct Tape
Quote by Brendan_670
You may think it is showing off, but that is your opinion. Im not gonna stop doing something that I think is cool just because some people dont like it. Its the same as how people might make fun of how you dress. Your probably not gonna change who you are because of that.

Thanks for all the people that did help. But for the people that criticize me just for tring something new sounds pretty stuck up of you guys.

And one more thing, Im not using my good guitar for this. I bought a guitar off ebay for $60 just for doing this.

Idiot.

actually if ure doing in over ure shoulder like the normal way to do it if it comes off it usually goes nose first into the ground it would fly into the air unless u didnt allow it to go around u and just pushed it straight up so it would snap right off the guitar

That was pretty arrogant. Also, it was a lame attempt at an insult. You're on my list. My douchebag list. If I want to make fun of someone without putting any effort into it, I'll use you. Hell, you practically insult yourself.

As for solving this guitar spinning problem, just don't do it. That oughta fix it up nicely.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Another vote for the wood filler here. Duct tape looks like **** and and leaves a ton of residue on your body. Ew.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
And this is why we don't spin our guitars children. Reap from the poor Thread-starter's demise young-ones, and don't let this happen to you.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

dont use wood filler, glue a dowel rod into the hole where your strp pin screws in and then screw the strap pin into that, it will hold much better than wood filler.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Brendan_670

I wasnt trying to critasize you, i was simply saying that unless you are on stage or you have an audiance, then what is the point in risking a perfectly good guitar? though, it is your choice, it is also a public forum. and when you put out your question, expect answers and opinions.
Or, just go out and spend the $12 or $13 that straplocks cost now, cover the end of a toothpick in wood glue as everyone has said, shove the end of the toothpick, (no more then maybe a quarter inch or so) in the strap button hole, install the strap lock buttons and screws and you're set... the woodglue/toothpick method works great on it's own for keeping the buttons in, but if you're really paranoid, the straplocks will keep your guitar from also flying off and damaging it/someone/something