Page 1 of 3
now what i'm asking you guys to judge the best punk drummer on is these 3 things

1. Good smooth Creative Fills
2. Use of Kit
3. Speed and Fluxuation of Tempo

I've been playing Drums for 6 years and Guitar for 1 year and I play ska / punk
You only Have 1 Person you can name.

Josh Freese is my choice

He plays in The Vandals, i have all their records and have seen him play. he is a very creative drummer and well rounded.
The only Punk drummer i know is Travis Barker and he rocks.
Je parle français, excusez mon language inaproprié quand je m'exprime en anglais.

I don't really know much about drums, so I'm not a very good judge of talent there, but I think Lucky from the Circle Jerks is pretty good, but since I can only choose one, I would say George Hurley from the Minutemen. His parts may not be the most technical or difficult parts, but he was pretty creative.
the vandals are great.... "how much do you love me baby?"

lmao i love that song...

anyway yeah hes pretty good.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

Don't know a lot of punk/ska drummers, but one I do like is the guy from Streetlight Manifesto, whose name escapes me.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Topper Headon from the Clash is my pick. Not a lot of flash but some great drumming.
good question......
Getting pulled over:
Cop: Anything to drink tonight
Me: Yeah I'll have a rum and coke
Quote by hourglass666
Tre Cool? Travis Barker, Steve-O, umm...

Hey. Hey. Wrong forum for them, you can find them in Pop Punk and Emo.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Operator (CA)
The only Punk drummer i know is Travis Barker and he rocks.

Read the FAQ
Lucky from circle jerks is GOOD but hes not the best, because all his stuff is pretty simple.

Best Punk drummer of all time, Bill Stevenson of The Descendents. he is amazing and played with black flag for a short stint.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Topper Headon of the Clash was is pretty impressive because of all the styles he could play. Plus, I heard that all the triplets in the chorus of London Calling were played with one hand instead of two like most drummers.
Topper is a great drummer because of his varying styles as well as the streetlight manisfesto guy, but i'd have to say that Matt Kelly from Dropkick Murphy's could very well be the best punk drummer seeing as he brings in his marching drum skills so well. towards the end of "kiss me, i'm ****faced" he plays with such speed and precision (sp?) it's just crazy. great drumming.
Did anyone see that lightning bolt video?

That dude kicks the **** out of everyone mentioned... although I'll admit Josh Freese is pretty damn good... and drums in Devo.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
chuck biscuts by far

(black flag, social distortion, danzing (not punk but amazing band))
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
yo, i was just about to say Chuck Biscuits! but you left out his most important band, D.O.A.! he did alot of there early stuff, and was amazing on it. Biscuits by far
Topper form The Clash has to be the best he coverd loads of different styles and played with aggression. Like he ment it!
i mean i gotta be honest travis barker was not always blink u gotta remember the days of the suicide machines and the aquabats and now hes in the transplants and he is one amazing drummer

but now one of my favorite drummers would have to be the decendents drummer i always forget his name but he was awsome or streetlight manifesto
Quote by waterproofpie
Read the FAQ

he could be talking about him when he played in the aquabats
Has to be Topper Headon from the clash. He can switch between so many styles so easily, and as ClashCR46 said above, topper sounded like he meant it. He's not known as the 'human drum machine' for no reason
Quote by Pick It Up123

Josh Freese is my choice

He plays in The Vandals, i have all their records and have seen him play. he is a very creative drummer and well rounded.

Josh gets around, he's in a lot of Southern Cali bands.
He's been in Devo, A Perfect Circle, and Suicidal Tendencies(I thinnk).
But he's not a particularlly exceptional drummer... his solo stuff stinks.
Quote by the glue man

The guy from Crass is good

I love you.
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Quote by RockThe40oz
*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*cymbal*pause*

repeat

It's funny because it's true.
So that makes three of us that have said the guy from Streetlight Manifesto... yet none of us knows his name.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by RockThe40oz
*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*snare*cymbal*pause*

repeat

True, but it's good. haha.
I saw that Lightning Bolt video, pretty good. The dude from the Minutemen (Hurley, right?) is pretty good; so is the guy from Municipal Waste (he's been in a lot of bands, i forget his name though.)
Everything I say is a lie. Is this true or false? Ha! I made that up!
Page 1 of 3