i just bought a new 3channel dual recto with 3/4 back mesa road king 4x12. its has the most powerfull sound out of anything i've ever heard! My only problem is the clean channel has too much dirt for me. can anyone give me some tips?
Did you turn the gain to zero?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Your best off asking ibanez4life, he has the same thing and he is online now so he will help you.
Congrats! I also own a 3 channel and could not be happier!

The dirt on the clean channel is kinda there to stay....you could turn the gain down, but then volume goes too......I actually like the dirty clean...it's a nice variation!

Depending on how loud you need it, try turning the gain down and master up to compensate for it.

Another approach would be to keep the gain low....master up, along with mids and presence....that can bring the channel out more, giving more "volume".
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Congrats! I also own a 3 channel and could not be happier!

The dirt on the clean channel is kinda there to stay....you could turn the gain down, but then volume goes too......I actually like the dirty clean...it's a nice variation!

Depending on how loud you need it, try turning the gain down and master up to compensate for it.

Another approach would be to keep the gain low....master up, along with mids and presence....that can bring the channel out more, giving more "volume".

Thanks! I too LOVE this amp! I have pillows and blankets lining my walls and windows so i dont get arrested lol. mmmmmmmm.... red channel.....
make sure you try those sample settings, and make sure it's set to "Silicon Diode rectifier", and "bold" power on the back panel switches. I've owned the Recto Preamp, and I was able to get a very clean sound using their sample settings.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
make sure you try those sample settings, and make sure it's set to "Silicon Diode rectifier", and "bold" power on the back panel switches. I've owned the Recto Preamp, and I was able to get a very clean sound using their sample settings.

Ok, I'll try the squeaky clean tomarrow. its 2 am sooo...
oh yeah, congrats on the amp man, sweet aquisition.

what made you choose the Roadking cab over the recto cab, if you don't mind me asking? Does it have half closed and half open? Also, what kinds of connections are on the back? I was looking at the head a while back, but the progressive linkage looked way too complicated to be appealing.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
oh yeah, congrats on the amp man, sweet aquisition.

what made you choose the Roadking cab over the recto cab, if you don't mind me asking? Does it have half closed and half open? Also, what kinds of connections are on the back? I was looking at the head a while back, but the progressive linkage looked way too complicated to be appealing.

The RoadKing, I beleive, is a 1/2 open 1/2 closed. But I just saw it for a little bit.