Is it OK for me to take off the tremolo bar from my Fender Strat? I read somewhere that you need to cover the hole where the tremolo bar attaches... something about a spring that might drop out. Does this apply to a MIM Fender Strat?
yeah theres no spring in a mim strat
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
I've got a strat copy and I just unscrewed it then left it lying around (For a few months), then I put it back in to have a bit of a mess around. It still works fine.
It should be fine not covering it up.
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
You don't have to cover the hole unless you are planning to block the trem.

By blocking the trem, you won't be using the trem anytime soon, but it increases the sustain.
However if you don't want to go through the trouble of that, an alternative would be Trem Blocker, or you can just stick a piece of wood in the trem cavity behind.

Yes it's fine if you remove the trem bar from your strat, it won't explode or anything, but you never know. I once suffered 3rd degree burns just by doing that.
^^^ sure you did. Lol, yes, it should be fine, if there is a spring inside, then it'll be coated in oil, so the chances of it falling out are pretty minimal.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
^^^ sure you did. Lol, yes, it should be fine, if there is a spring inside, then it'll be coated in oil, so the chances of it falling out are pretty minimal.

This is how it happened...

I removed the trem bar, the bridge ripped the hell outta my nuts, the nuts fell off the guitar, then the tuners just busted and flew everywhere, some got into the amp, succesfully blocking it and causing it to over heat, my guitar exploded because the pickups decided to go haywire and it pulled the fridge towards the guitar, the amp blew up, with the guitar, it burned like hell, well..its a long story made short.